Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Being Mothers Day it was her choice. As I do most of the cooking she requested shrimp and cheesy grits. I made them using andouille sausage and fresh Gulf shrimp. The grits are a stone ground variety and I used smoked Gouda, white sharp cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and grilled some asparagus. Had a Chateau Ste Michelle Sauvignon Blanc that was pretty good as well.

We love good shrimp and grits and the kind with sausage is great too. Some of the best we have had was around Charleston,SC 'low country". Creamy & delicious..!! Now I'm hungry for some. The grits served up here in HoosierLand are terrible undercooked and tasteless. *yucky*

Babydoll, thanks for the info. My first time to try their wine. HoosierDaddy, if you get the hankering for real grits try Bobs Red Mill yellow corn grits. Stone ground with good coarse texture. You're spot on about the 'low country.'

I didn't use the BBQ sauce, although I might try it.
That is probably one of the FEW products by them I haven't tried.
My wife LOVES the Honey Pecan BBQ sauce, but I haven't bought it in awhile.

Brace yourself James...
Tonight it was a 24oz T-Bone medium, with Arby's curly fries.
No Tapatio though, instead I used a 6 pepper blend by Totes.
I covered the fries with it, then put them in the oven.
A-1 with Tabasco for the steak.

I hate sweet BBQ sauce. I like savory over sweet in BBQ. :p

You cooked a perfectly good t-bone medium?! :faint: Philistine! What was that? Fifteen minutes grilling per side. :doh: Bllllaaaccckkkkk.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic