Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Chips is British English for "French fries." Fish and chips is one of our ancestral foods in New England and the Maritime Provinces - best served sizzling hot from the oil at a dockside or roadside stand in a little red and white checkered cardboard basket, and doused with malt vinegar from a shaker bottle on the counter. Even better if they throw in a handful of batter scraps with the fish.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Chips is British English for "French fries." Fish and chips is one of our ancestral foods in New England and the Maritime Provinces - best served sizzling hot from the oil at a dockside or roadside stand in a little red and white checkered cardboard basket, and doused with malt vinegar from a shaker bottle on the counter. Even better if they throw in a handful of batter scraps with the fish.

Sounds delicious !
Makes me wanna go up New England way just to enjoy that.
It's been pouring hard rain all day (another topic) & just don't feel like going to
the grocery store.
So I'll just cook that frozen TV pot-pie & look at pictures of fish & chips
if I can find one...:p

Last edited:

And potato chips in the UK are "crisps."

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Haven't decided !

Waiting for the rain to stop & go out & get something ready made.

But the frozen TV dinner leftover from last year is looking better .

[video=youtube;C-6mI708yWc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C-6mI708yWc#t=5[/video]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails