Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Rotisserie chicken from Costco with Mexican beans and rice.

I'm also trying out a potato diet. Which consists of a cold boiled or baked potato eaten plain (no butter, sour cream, etc) for breakfast and lunch at least three times a week. The key is that when the potato gets cold the starch and carbohydrates is removed or neutralized, so I'll see how well it works.

Last edited:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Last nite it was salami on Ritz crackers with peanut butter; miniature Reese's peanut butter cups without sugar; and an Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate loaf;
and 2 bottles of ice cold Diet Dr Pepper.
I sure can cook.:D

Last nite it was salami on Ritz crackers with peanut butter; miniature Reese's peanut butter cups without sugar; and an Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate loaf;
and 2 bottles of ice cold Diet Dr Pepper.
I sure can cook.:D

Leave out the salami, put the sugar back in the Reese's cups and swap the Dr Pepper for Coke or Sprite and you have one of my girlfriend-is-out-tonight dinners. It's funny, Otis Spunkmeyer has all but disappeared from NYC, but I remember eating their cookies (a lot) back in the '80s and '90s.

There will be pie... (one more in the fridge -- and only seven people).

e3b2eebc06c18aa01555e795eeaf231f.jpg

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Last night made broiled salmon with rice and broccoli. Tonight made some 'tiny purses' or date turnovers, a recipe from the 16th century. They are quite tasty. Ran out of date filling so made some cherry turnovers using cherry pie filling to use up the puff paste.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
23926547_10214826961008046_4554554212284838725_o-1.jpg
We had citrus-herb brined turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, cornbread dressing, roasted sweet potatoes with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar, butter sautéed green beans, cranberry sauce, rolls, olives, pickles. Choice of pumpkin or apple pie for dessert.

This was Hubby's first go-round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points