What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by Rosie, May 31, 2006.

1. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Stew on a surprise rainy day. :D

Bamaboots and dh66 like this.
  2. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

Burgers topped with melted cheddar, and my Dad's homemade bean BBQ sauce.

3. dh66

dh66

Mixed a pack of ground beef and a pack of sausage together and made burgers. Homemade mac & cheese and green beans with new potatoes for sides.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

B.L.T.s!
    :D

Bamaboots and Fading Fast like this.
  5. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

Always a good choice. I'm having the same.

Touchofevil likes this.
  6. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Because you are a Man of Great Tastes. B.L.T.s are great for any meal or snack. Congratulations on your choice.
    :D!

Bushman, Bamaboots and Fading Fast like this.
  7. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Teriyaki chicken, broccoli, and rice while sitting out back with Lady ToE.

8. dh66

dh66

Baked ham, spinach, field peas, mac & cheese, and banana pudding.

9. dh66

dh66

Grilled chicken with Thai red chili sauce, potato casserole, and strawberry shortcake.

10. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Tortellini in a marinara sauce with garlic bread

11. dh66

dh66

Sounds far better than the grilled cheese sandwich that I had. Not that it wasn't good in its own right, it just wasn't a plate of tortellini.

Touchofevil likes this.
  12. dh66

dh66

Upped my dinner game last night with a beer braised salmon filet, homemade guacamole over a plate of fresh mixed spring greens and sliced tomatoes, and a fresh loaf rosemary bread from the bakery at the costco.

Tonight I'm having pork roast, mac & cheese, green beans, and sweet potatoes.

13. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

Tonight was gnocchi, green beans and pork chops, tomorrow will be bulghar wheat and chicken fillets, and on Monday lamb tagine, and I’ll probably make wholewheat naan bread to go with it. I’m thinking a stew would be good soon, before summer gets here in Ireland.

Harp likes this.
  14. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

It might have been, but I do like grilled cheese sandwiches as well. We had grilled cheese and chicken soup a couple of days after your posting.

Harp likes this.
  15. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Over the past few days while camping on the coast at Half Moon Bay, barbecue pork tacos, bangers and mash, and the best carne asada tacos I have ever had. Along with these meals, I downed a few Modelos, St. Carl’s Salted Caramel Stouts, Angry Orchards, and Guinnesses.

dh66 likes this.
  16. crawlinkingsnake

crawlinkingsnake A-List Customer

[​IMG] Just back from Juke Joint Festival in Clarksdale, Mississippi. We ate like fools all the best southern-soul food imaginable. It's ALL good, but best BBQ ribs was from Red's Lounge on Sunflower Ave. :pRed's is a REAL DEAL Mississippi jook joint, serving up only the best BBQ, blues, atmosphere!

Touchofevil, dh66 and Harp like this.
  17. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

I've decided on pork chops and potato tonite; and a pot roast stew this weekend since Chicago is blustery cold now.

Touchofevil and dubpynchon like this.
  18. dh66

dh66

By request of my oldest offspring, we had Little Caesar's deep deep dish pepperoni pizza with bacon wrapped crust. Probably not the most healthy of repast, but one that is hard not to like nonetheless.

19. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Today we are also wrapping the meat in a pastry crust. The French call it: Boeuf en croûte, we Brits call it Beef Wellington. Easter marks the end of Lent, and throughout Lent we have refrained from eating meat, it's has become a family tradition.

So today, we are celebrating and ending our Lenten fast. I'm cooking a slow roast of prime beef, once cooked to just under done, the beef comes out of the oven to cool. When it's cool enough to handle I shall spread a mix of beef & pork pâté over the meat until it's completely covered. Then I wrap the meat in a pre-rolled length of puff pastry. (We buy the pastry ready made.) On a baking tray, lay out a sheet of foil, lightly brushed with olive oil. Place the meat on the tray then brush the pastry with a beaten egg. Put it back in the oven. It will need about 45 minutes, so every 15 minutes I turn the meat to avoid a soggyness of the pastry in one spot.

Remove from the oven, carve a couple of generous slices per person, serve with all the traditional trimmings of roast potatoes and vegetables. Enjoy. A very Happy Easter to you all.
    beef.png

20. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Last night, burgers on the grill. Tonight, slow cooked teriyaki chicken and rice (big) bowl. It smells magical as it slowly cooks.