Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

As a not-vegetable guy, all I heard was the teacher from Peanuts until this "the big slice of German chocolate cake -" that came through loud and clear (as did "all the beers that came afterwards..."). Obviously, a rich chocolate flavor is required, but the defining feature of a German Chocolate cake, for me, is the thickness and wonderfulness of the coconut-and-pecan frosting that goes over the chocolate frosting (pure genius to put two frostings on one cake) - how was it?

It was, as you so perfectly put it, pure genius. One of the best I've had.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
As noted earlier, taking eldest daughter out tonight. Rest of the kids will be feasting on beef bites, noodles with homemade Alfredo sauce, and green beans.

The dos equis at two dollars makes it very much worthwhile and then you throw in the tacos and I don't lnow if I would ever leave.
:D
Well....the deal only lasted til 9 pm.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Caught on the restaurant's security camera:

Store manager: Sir, the specials are over for the night

Touch Of Evil: Uh, what, oh, hold on (as he is seen palming three tacos in one hand and grabbing two mugs of Dos Equis in the other)

Store manager: Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to put the beers and tacos back

Touch Of Evil: (mouth now full with the first taco while feigning trouble hearing) What?, Sorry, What?

Store manager: Sir, please step away from the food and put the beers back

Touch Of Evil: (now furiously working through the next taco and first beer): munch, munch, glub, glub, munch...(with free hand cocked behind ear implying he's still having trouble hearing)

Store manager: Really sir, the special is over and I'm going to have to ask you to pay regular price for the three tacos and two beers

Touch Of Evil: munch, munch, glub, glub, (faster now) munchmunchglubglub (and one last big swallow from the final mug) - I'm sorry, but I picked up all that food and drink within the hours of the special, but (with a big smile on his face) don't worry, the good news - I'll be back next week.

Store manager: (with a big sigh) I don't get paid enough for this sh*t

Last edited:
Caught on the restaurant's security camera:

Store manager: Sir, the specials are over for the night

Touch Of Evil: Uh, what, oh, hold on (as he is seen palming three tacos in one hand and grabbing two mugs of Dos Equis in the other)

Store manager: Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to put the beers and tacos back

Touch Of Evil: (mouth now full with the first taco while feigning trouble hearing) What?, Sorry, What?

Store manager: Sir, please step away from the food and put the beers back

Touch Of Evil: (now furiously working through the next taco and first beer): munch, munch, glub, glub, munch...(with free hand cocked behind ear implying he's still having trouble hearing)

Store manager: Really sir, the special is over and I'm going to have to ask you to pay regular price for the three tacos and two beers

Touch Of Evil: munch, munch, glub, glub, (faster now) munchmunchglubglub (and one last big swallow from the final mug) - I'm sorry, but I picked up all that food and drink within the hours of the special, but (with a big smile on his face) don't worry, the good news - I'll be back next week.

Store manager: (with a big sigh) I don't get paid enough for this sh*t
Yep. That's pretty much how it would go.
:D

We visited a craft brew pub in Brookings Oregon last fall. The food truck was vegan (my bad luck) but my smart wife ordered a roasted red pepper, grilled Portobello mushroom, vegan cheese, basil mayo, spring mix lettuce on a chiabatta bun. It was small, cost $14 but was delicious. Me in my frugal mind thought, "damn, I can make this at home." Now we do on a regular basis. Very tasty sandwich and at home it does not cost anywhere near $14 and I can have as many potato chips as I want......heck, even have a pork chop on the side if I want.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Last night I had sandwiches while picnicking in Millennium Park to see Yo-Yo Ma play Bach's Cello Concerto.
Eir4Jad.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112