Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

We visited a craft brew pub in Brookings Oregon last fall. The food truck was vegan (my bad luck) but my smart wife ordered a roasted red pepper, grilled Portobello mushroom, vegan cheese, basil mayo, spring mix lettuce on a chiabatta bun. It was small, cost $14 but was delicious. Me in my frugal mind thought, "damn, I can make this at home." Now we do on a regular basis. Very tasty sandwich and at home it does not cost anywhere near $14 and I can have as many potato chips as I want......heck, even have a pork chop on the side if I want.
We were disappointed with the lack of choice of restaurants (that we would eat at) in Brookings during our stay last summer. We did enjoy our meals of Baners and Mash with a side of Guinness and whiskey at a British pub the name of which escapes me.
:D

Finally got around to visiting the Puerto Rican restaurant here in town last night. Tried some fried plantain chips covered in salsa, cheese, and roast pork, (sorta like nachos I guess) a Cuban sandwich, and mofongo (mashed plantains) which was also covered in even more roasted pork. There were mojitos involved as well. I'll definitely be making an effort to get back there again soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112