Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Not sure. I think eldest and I are fending for ourselves tonight. Maybe I'll have the cucumber and tomato salad I didn't get to have for lunch.

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Had to stop for gas in the middle of nowhere yesterday and ended up getting a hot dog. They also advertised chocolate eclair cake (homemade), so I got some of that, too. Best chocolate eclair cake I've had.

Tonight it is still just eldest daughter and myself. Going to take her to a Mediterranean place we like.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
WTH? How bout them Braves!

Atlanta's .588 is well north of Chicago's .536 and the Cubs now share the Central D lead with the Brew Crew,
its retain is far from a lead pipe cinch as the Brewers took it last season.
The inside skivvy on Chicago is twofold: the starting line needs another arm; and too many studs sing
off the front office analytic sheet music to the overall detriment of the game itself. An example is the last
game against the Dodgers, eighth inning, when Contreras and Bote both struck out doing the Babe Ruth
routine, instead of trying for base with a line drive. That squandered two plate appearances. Plate poker
perentages dictate a more conservative approach; especially late in the game. Unless the Cubs cut the crap
and start playing brass tacks baseball, Chicago will stay behind both the Braves and Dodgers this season.
The road to the World Series leads through Los Angeles. The inside baseball on the Cubs have the front office
encroaching dugout tactics, leaving Maddon a hapless lame duck. A guy who can be replaced with a far younger
manager, at a third of his salary, a rookie manager who will sing off the analytics hymnal to the exclusion
of old school baseball fundamentals.

Pork skin nachos and PBR

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
a6794b6636972724e6b34bc5dbf85a22.jpg

Last edited:

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
ER8Ajz9.jpg

T-B-L-R: Vodka Martinis, balsamic mushroom kabobs, gravlox & cream cheese on crackers, pineapple wedges topped with strawberries, deviled eggs, roasted pork loin, cucumber sandwiches, apple slices, assorted cheeses.
What a fantastic hot weather meal!

Making salad with tofu bites for dinner tonight

M Brown

A-List Customer
Tonight it's some kind of pizza my wife brought home from Whole Foods. It has spinach, tomatoes, and fetta cheese on it. . .fetta cheese - ugh - a culinary cheese fad that has come and gone for me. What ever became of good old pepperoni pizza?

But she also bought me some Macallan so that's my backup plan!

I guess the holiday is about to begin.

Tonight it's some kind of pizza my wife brought home from Whole Foods. It has spinach, tomatoes, and fetta cheese on it. . .fetta cheese - ugh - a culinary cheese fad that has come and gone for me. What ever became of good old pepperoni pizza?

But she also bought me some Macallan so that's my backup plan!

I guess the holiday is about to begin.

Thought process of M Brown's wife in Whole Foods: "Hmm, I'd like some reasonably healthy pizza-ish thing with fetta for dinner tonight, but hubby isn't crazy about it - let's see - I'll pick up some of that booze he likes, what is it, oh yeah, Macallan - then he won't grumble too much about the fetta pizza."

Some variation of that strategy probably goes on in more than half the homes in America daily.

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Tonight is beef patties (I made them up as hamburgers before I froze them, but we aren't eating them as hamburgers and I hesitate to call them hamburger steak as I make those differently! lol!) with gravy, home fries, green beans, and cucumber and tomato salad.

Tonight is beef patties (I made them up as hamburgers before I froze them, but we aren't eating them as hamburgers and I hesitate to call them hamburger steak as I make those differently! lol!) with gravy, home fries, green beans, and cucumber and tomato salad.

Sounds like a perfect meal!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points