What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by Rosie, May 31, 2006.

1. William Stratford

William Stratford A-List Customer

Spagetti Bolognese, with plenty of garlic and a good splash or three of lea and perrins :D

2. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

Can't go past the good old bacon sarnie. On thick white bread with a good slosh of HP or any other brown sauce, and you have to put the bacon on straight from the pan so the butter melts ;)

Nothing wrong with spag bol. We have it about every couple of week. I always use a mix of veal and pork mince, some bacon and a good pinch of nutmeg, and often as with you a glug or two of L&P. Hope you had some garlic bread to mop up the sauce!

3. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

Roast beef, spuds, kumara, carrots, onions, pumpkin and peas and homemade gravy. Damn good but I was lazy and didn't make Yorkshire Pud whose omission was noticed.

Luckily have leftovers from it, so roast beef sandwiches with horseradish cream for lunch and if we're lucky leftover roast beef curry for dins ;)

4. J.W.

J.W. A-List Customer

A goulash of beef and courgettes with new potatoes.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  5. William Stratford

Tonight was gammon steak, roasted (par-boiled) new potatos, roasted vegetables (red onion, red and yellow bell pepper, courgette and cherry tomatos) topped off with homemade parsley sauce. :) Movement will be optional for the next hour or so. :D

6. pompsnpincurls

pompsnpincurls Familiar Face

Breakfast for dinner! Eggs over medium with salt and pepper, toast, and vegetarian breakfast sausages. It really hit the spot!

7. dhermann1

dhermann1 I'll Lock Up

Had to go to the Grand Central Terminal area for an errand this evening, so I stopped off at the Oyster Bar, in the Saloon bar for a bite. It's a wonderful classic New York joint. I had a seafood salad with crab, shrimp, squid and salmon. Yumm. And washed it down with a Manhattan. Nice.

8. Nicely browned porkchops....mashed potatoes...baked beans...corn on the cob with iced tea.
    Typical Hoosier 'supper'.
    HD

9. therizyflapper

therizyflapper One of the Regulars

Went out for sushi with the family to celebrate my by boyfriends graduation :) i was very yummy! :)

10. tealseal

tealseal A-List Customer

Canada's take on the "heart-attack in a cup" involving cheese curds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

It can range from fast-food awful to a delicious gourmet dish with duck meat. Delicious

11. Man..all those dishes in the link look good to me! Wish they had them around here....YUM

12. You forgot one thing---heart medication. :p lol lol

13. Late night spaghetti dinner special at Tiffy's (an eatery across the street from Disneyland/California Adventure) :p

14. J.W.

J.W. A-List Customer

I'm sure you are. :D SCNR

15. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

Bangers and mash with mushy peas and brown onion gravy.

16. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Practically Family

Potsticker, Chicken breast stuffed with cornbread cherry stuffing, green bean almondine, bread and the best darn dark chocolate peppermint patty I have ever had. Thank you Whole Foods!

17. William Stratford

Wholewheat bread, duck pate, ham, cherry tomatos, roasted garlic, pork pie, local cheese and mini sausage roll (oh, and sweet chilli pickle), washed down with a glass or two of wine. All from the local farmer's market. :)

18. Wally_Hood

Wally_Hood One Too Many

Last night, home made Swedish meatballs on a bed of white rice, with green beans. Mrs. H makes them for Father's Day, so they are a once a year delight. Health-wise, they are a disaster; hamburger meat mixed with cream, then fried in butter, then cooked in a covered dish. Add to this the fact I eat them like there's no tomorrow, and it's a first class diet smasher. Love 'em, though, and they're made with vitamin L, the love vitamin. Yummmm....

19. Miss Stella

Miss Stella One of the Regulars

Smoked BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, homemade coleslaw and brownies for dessert :)

20. Matt Crunk

Matt Crunk One Too Many

OK, I'll play. Tonight we're having pork butt and brisket that spent all day in the smoker. Sides are homemade slaw, sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, and cornbread. Unsweet iced tea to drink.