Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Tacos are the one food I could most everyday. Fish, beef, pork, prawn, chicken....tex-mex with lettuce/cheese, central american with salvadorean coleslaw, onions and peppers, or just shredded cabbage, sour cream or yogurt.....if you do all the combinations and permutations there could be an entire month's worth of meals...different one every day. Add in pico de gallo or guac.... I am in my happy place.
I have said basically the same thing about tacos before and have not changed my mind. :D

Tonight is the last night of our month of vegan eating. My wife is making a lentil dahl with homemade naan bread. My contribution was to pick up 6 veggie samosas from the local S Asian takeout
Dahl is one of those dishes I never tire of nor have often enough. Especially with the homemade naan. That is some next level goodness. I could almost (very big ALMOST) entertain the thought of being a vegetarian if I could eat like that all the time.

M Brown

A-List Customer
As many pork tamales as I could eat.
:D
n92MOEi.jpg

Turkey dinner with stuffing, mashed potatoes, and corn.
Not normally a meal that springs to mind in mid-July, but one I'd happily eat any time, for sure.

Today a coworker brought me a jar of homemade pesto that he made with fresh basil from his garden. I'll be stopping by the store for some pasta and enjoying that this evening.

In my case, that would be a LOT!! One of my favorites.

I had fried chicken last night. Pizza the night before. Meatloaf the night before that, which I am ready for some more of.
All of that in one evening would be a treat. I can still eat a lot of tamales in one sitting, but not as many as I used to. And now I gain weight where it doesn’t seem that long ago, I couldn’t.
:D

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Having my cousin over for dinner tonight. He said he wanted either burgers or snow crab. I've been stuffing so many burgers into my mouth lately that it's definitely gonna be crab legs.

Last night I picked up some 99 cent tacos from my favorite neighborhood Mexican restaurant.

Tonight was pan fried potatoes and onions, black eyed peas with jalapenos, and fresh squash from my neighbors garden, cut up and baked with cheddar cheese on top.

Not normally a meal that springs to mind in mid-July, but one I'd happily eat any time, for sure.

Today a coworker brought me a jar of homemade pesto that he made with fresh basil from his garden. I'll be stopping by the store for some pasta and enjoying that this evening.
Our basil plant has finally reached the height that will deliver a goodly portion of leaves....so tonight we have pesto. The only guaranteed source of European pine nuts around here is from Costco but it comes in a huge bag for $40 so we will use walnuts instead. On the west coast here a great many stores sell pine nuts from China and both my wife and I have a severe reaction to them....they leave a horrific metallic taste in the mouth for weeks. European ones don't do that but many stores don't know the origin so we don't take on the risk and learn to love the walnuts. With fresh grated parmesan and really good single olive origin oil the nuts become a minor flavour profile.

Our basil plant has finally reached the height that will deliver a goodly portion of leaves....so tonight we have pesto. The only guaranteed source of European pine nuts around here is from Costco but it comes in a huge bag for $40 so we will use walnuts instead. On the west coast here a great many stores sell pine nuts from China and both my wife and I have a severe reaction to them....they leave a horrific metallic taste in the mouth for weeks. European ones don't do that but many stores don't know the origin so we don't take on the risk and learn to love the walnuts. With fresh grated parmesan and really good single olive origin oil the nuts become a minor flavour profile.
I have absolutely no qualms about using walnuts. They're what was in mine the other night. Cashews work ok in a pinch, too. Pine nuts are prohibitively expensive around here, too.

Tonight was pulled pork bbq, a piece of fried chicken, baked beans, macaroni & cheese, and a big slice of chocolate cream pie for dessert

I have absolutely no qualms about using walnuts. They're what was in mine the other night. Cashews work ok in a pinch, too. Pine nuts are prohibitively expensive around here, too.

Tonight was pulled pork bbq, a piece of fried chicken, baked beans, macaroni & cheese, and a big slice of chocolate cream pie for dessert
Mac n cheese is one of the dishes I could happily live on.....not a great health food dish but dammit it is good.

Tonight a Spanish inspired dish.....Cod pan fried, with a bit of chorizo sausage, onion, garlic, olive oil, tomatoes and some black eyed peas (instead of white beans). Unfortunately it won't be fish as the package I pulled from the freezer is apparently chicken breast not fish. Still Spanish...just with chicken!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points