Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This stuff...

full

full

full

full

full

Everything thrown back into the pot and put into the oven for three hours at 120°C, that´s it...

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK, let’s see, that above one goes as follows:

Peel and chop a parsnip, two carrots and two mid sized onions / large charlottes roughly, not too fine.

Prepare a spice bag, ball...with three small branches each of Thyme and Rosemary and some pimento in whole grains.

Two ox cheeks, about 800g together. Wash and blot dry, add pepper/salt both sides.

Make some clarified butter real hot and sear the cheeks real crisp from both sides. Stove to run full throttle until the pot gets into the oven

Take out the meat, throw in the roots/onions and let it get some slight color, add pepper, salt and a table spoon of tomato paste, stir around until things get a little more color.

Deglaze with a half bottle of nice red wine, add a glass of beef stock (400ml), throw in the spice ball and let everything reduce bubbling for about 30min. Throw the meat back in, put a lid onto the pot and push it into the oven for three hours at 120 C.

When time is over take it out of the oven, remove spice ball and cheeks and mix juice, roots and onions real well with a stick blender, no sauce binder necessary that way.

The meat will melt on the tongue.

Labour time incl. cutting...about 30min, waiting time about 3:30.

Cheers

Turnip

Last edited:
I pick up a Costco roast chicken from time to time. Best protein bang for the buck as we get 3 meals out of a $7 chicken. Tonight we are having chicken soup from the carcass as the 3rd meal......I think this is the reason I buy the chicken in the first place so we can get to the chicken soup part.

Last night, a large pizza. The whole pizza all by my lonesome. I used to do that all the time when I was younger; sometimes it would be an extra large. I struggled to gain weight and at 6’ 4,” I had plenty of room to fill. I was a bottomless pit. Nowadays, at 240-250, it is harder to hide and I can fill up that not-so-bottomless pit.
:D

Lady ToE made some Lentil tacos the other night; she wants to eat a healthier diet. She offered to make pork or turkey tacos for me, but I told her that I would try Lentils instead. They were pretty phenomenal to me! Wow! I was a very happy ToE. Great flavor, texture, and not so heavy. I look forward to having them soon.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB