Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Dinner tonight was onion soup, breaded pork chops, brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, home made rolls, blueberry cobbler, coffee.

Last night it was Svíčková na smetaně, a czech dish, served over bread dumplings, with home made apricot Kolacky and coffee for dessert.

Chili Verde - Country Style Pork Ribs browned - Sauted onion, add some onion soup mix, 16oz of Green Salsa (La Victoria or similar) (It is the tormatillo based salsa) and add water and bring to boil reduce heat and simmer. After a while pull out pork and cut into chunks remove as much bones as you can. Add a little oregano and minced garlic and a pinch of cumen, plus some red pepper flakes. simmer and reduce, about 90 minutes, add 16-32oz more Green (Verde) Salsa. Simmer for an hour, until the chunks get to a starting to fall apart state.

Serve over rice with some refried beans with a lot of bacon and drippings mixed into the beans.

Chili Verde - Country Style Pork Ribs browned - Sauted onion, add some onion soup mix, 16oz of Green Salsa (La Victoria or similar) (It is the tormatillo based salsa) and add water and bring to boil reduce heat and simmer. After a while pull out pork and cut into chunks remove as much bones as you can. Add a little oregano and minced garlic and a pinch of cumen, plus some red pepper flakes. simmer and reduce, about 90 minutes, add 16-32oz more Green (Verde) Salsa. Simmer for an hour, until the chunks get to a starting to fall apart state.

Serve over rice with some refried beans with a lot of bacon and drippings mixed into the beans.

I'll be over in ten minutes. :p

MarkIsTheCleaner

New in Town
Last night was a Jamaican Curried Lamb Stew. I roasted my own curry. Blueberry pie with banana saffron ice cream. Homemade, natch. Tonight is Airline (cut) Chicken with an orange soy sauce. Sauteed beets and sesame green beans. Dessert will be my world famous chocolates.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Tonight - grilled pork chops, steamed white rice, green beans.
Tomorrow - boeuf bourguignon.

Yum! Anything with salsa verde gets my vote. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24