Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

olive bleu

One Too Many
My exciting dinner consisted of fried eggs, bacon, and some frozen hash brown patties. And I fear it will be some time before I have anything more exciting to report. On Monday I was tested for allergies, because every other test I have had ,to try to explain why i have felt so horrible since January, has failed to reveal anything. So, evidentally, I am allergic to Milk, Soy, yeast, and corn. At first I was relieved. At least I'm not dying. But , as the week has gone on, daily I think of all the foods I won't be able to eat. Like Pizza. & sandwiches. so sad...

My exciting dinner consisted of fried eggs, bacon, and some frozen hash brown patties. And I fear it will be some time before I have anything more exciting to report. On Monday I was tested for allergies, because every other test I have had ,to try to explain why i have felt so horrible since January, has failed to reveal anything. So, evidentally, I am allergic to Milk, Soy, yeast, and corn. At first I was relieved. At least I'm not dying. But , as the week has gone on, daily I think of all the foods I won't be able to eat. Like Pizza. & sandwiches. so sad...

Well hopefully you can research and find recipes to work around the things that you can't have to eat. That's another great thing about the internet..there is more opportunity than there once was.
I love eggs,bacon..and even frozen hash browns on occassion.
Good luck and best wishes.
HD

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up

:(
I agree with Hoosier, you can find all sorts of non "whatever you are allergic to" on the internet.
I cut carbs and I've found a lot of resources just on those type of recipes.
Since doing so, I know the feeling of seeing something on tv or passing by a place we used to visit (like Pei-Wei).
I've even cut out one of your favorite foods...the Arby's curly fries. Okay I have a handful but honestly that isn't enough! :)

Last night it was burgers with Velveta on them. Sounds good but with the A/C on and a fan, the cheese solidifies quickly. Bad idea...

You can eat bacon so it isn't all that bad. :p My sons are lactose intolerant as well so I know what you are going through at least partially.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Same color, otherwise you do have a point.

Tonight it was Fajitas from a favorite local place.
Tomorrow night I'll fix my own with beef, chicken, and pork (well the pork needs to be used before it goes bad).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner