Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Never had it, but I am sure that I would thoroughly enjoy it. Life is really good in your house at dinner time.
:D
All ingredients should be cold. Cooked chicken chunks, bacon crumbles, tomato chunks (no seeds), shredded cheese, cucumber cubes (no seeds), and usually bowtie pasta. The Ranch part is the "dressing" on the salad - I make thick Ranch dip with Mexican sour cream. Mix it all together. Serve cold. Addictive!

All ingredients should be cold. Cooked chicken chunks, bacon crumbles, tomato chunks (no seeds), shredded cheese, cucumber cubes (no seeds), and usually bowtie pasta. The Ranch part is the "dressing" on the salad - I make thick Ranch dip with Mexican sour cream. Mix it all together. Serve cold. Addictive!
Definitely sounds addicting. Everything in it is nice by its lonesome and together would be Wow!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Definitely sounds addicting. Everything in it is nice by its lonesome and together would be Wow!
Oh, you'd like our pizza pasta salad. Pepperoni, black olives, mushrooms, onions, peppers, tomatoes, basil, pasta of choice, and Italian dressing. Basically, I get 'creative' when it is hot, so we have cold meals. We also do taco pasta salad, and bacon cheeseburger pasta salad. :D

Fosinett

New in Town
Dinner yesterday:
* Capercaillie breast & fillet (filé)
* Mandel potatoes (almond)
* Port wine sauce
* Salad

Dinner today:
* Chicken breast & meat glaze
* Tenderloin (moose)
* Swedish baked potatoes & potatoe wedges (almond)
* Salad

Dinner yesterday:
* Capercaillie breast & fillet (filé)
* Mandel potatoes (almond)
* Port wine sauce
* Salad

Dinner today:
* Chicken breast & meat glaze
* Tenderloin (moose)
* Swedish baked potatoes & potatoe wedges (almond)
* Salad
What a way to introduce yourself to The Fedora Lounge! Both meals sound exceptionally nice. Thank you for that menu.

Fosinett

New in Town
Well, I was not planning on introducing myself in such a fashion.
I was going for more of a subtle approach, although that must have failed miserably.

The reason as to why dishes of such caliber was and are being served is because of dinner invitations between families alike in order to strengthen the bounds.

The last one ended in a disaster as my aunt thought it was a good idéa to open up a tin of 'surströmming' which is in English known as 'fermented (baltic) herring' and we all had to evacuate the building following that due to the smell passing through the ventilation system into all other rooms. For those that does not know, 'surströmming' is a traditional Swedish dish that I do not recommend whatsoever to anyone that values his or her sense of taste, or sense of smell for that matter.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Well, I was not planning on introducing myself in such a fashion.
I was going for more of a subtle approach, although that must have failed miserably.

The reason as to why dishes of such caliber was and are being served is because of dinner invitations between families alike in order to strengthen the bounds.

The last one ended in a disaster as my aunt thought it was a good idéa to open up a tin of 'surströmming' which is in English known as 'fermented (baltic) herring' and we all had to evacuate the building following that due to the smell passing through the ventilation system into all other rooms. For those that does not know, 'surströmming' is a traditional Swedish dish that I do not recommend whatsoever to anyone that values his or her sense of taste, or sense of smell for that matter.

Is it similarly foul like lutefisk? We had a lutefisk eating contest at my Norwegian-American family reunion years ago. They served raw onions to cut the taste of the lutefisk! :confused:

Fosinett

New in Town
Is it similarly foul like lutefisk? We had a lutefisk eating contest at my Norwegian-American family reunion years ago. They served raw onions to cut the taste of the lutefisk! :confused:

Many people including myself would like to describe the consistency of 'lutfisk' as that of rubber, if not cooked properly.
However, 'lutfisk' is nowhere near the smell of 'surströmming' even if left in the sun for days.
Furthermore, if cooked properly 'lutfisk' becomes fairly tender and if served with almond potatoes as well as an onion white sauce (with onions in it) it can be quite delicious.
Normally I have to use minced pepper to add an extra bit of flavour to it.

It all comes down to whether or not you cook and serve it correctly.
Now do not ask me how it is done in the finer details as I can only mention what I do know as I am not the chef.

Fosinett

New in Town
Oh, dear!

Indeed.

You must have an acquired taste to like 'lutfisk' and it helps if it has been cooked properly as well as served with the right things.

As for 'surströmming' I have only one thing to say and perhaps inappropriate at that, therefore I do not recommend it for the faint hearted.
Look 'surströmming challenge' up on Youtube etc. They eat it the wrong way and even if eaten the correct way it is still very much alike what is happening in most of those videos.

In reality you need soft bread like a burrito, some potatoes and butter as well as onions etc. to subdue the taste of the fermented (baltic) herring.
I have only once eaten it in ten years and I required alcoholic beverages to gather courage, or shall I say stupidity?

For those who wish to keep their appetites intact, I implore you not to watch.

Have a pleasant evening.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Indeed.

You must have an acquired taste to like 'lutfisk' and it helps if it has been cooked properly as well as served with the right things.

As for 'surströmming' I have only one thing to say and perhaps inappropriate at that, therefore I do not recommend it for the faint hearted.
Look 'surströmming challenge' up on Youtube etc. They eat it the wrong way and even if eaten the correct way it is still very much alike what is happening in most of those videos.

In reality you need soft bread like a burrito, some potatoes and butter as well as onions etc. to subdue the taste of the fermented (baltic) herring.
I have only once eaten it in ten years and I required alcoholic beverages to gather courage, or shall I say stupidity?

For those who wish to keep their appetites intact, I implore you not to watch.

Have a pleasant evening.
Soft burrito bread, like lefse?

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Too hot to cook. Had a salad of lettuce tomato and cucumber with ranch dressing and some tortilla chips and salsa and a hunk of cheddar cheese.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner