Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's going on with the FL site?

Do you will still use this Forum with this hassle?

• Yes

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
on my page I got pizza ad... I don't mind ad about leather conditioner, or denim or hat or anything in the same veins as this place

I get everything from Temu (cheap Chinese products) to senior singles to mattresses….
The video ads take 2-3 minutes to load on my laptop, and that means I wait a long time for pages to load…but around 7AM Things are pretty smooth. I don’t visit or post as much as I have in the past-maybe it’s for the better.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
seems like google profiling AI is a bit dumb, I 've been googling about fabric dyeing, and fullface motorcycle helmet these last few days, I wonder why don't they give me ad related to those instead of pizza or tropical resort vacation ad, I live in 35C tropical climate these days I have zero need for tropical vacation, why not ice cream ad ? i could be tempted to get some ice cream

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
seems like google profiling AI is a bit dumb, I 've been googling about fabric dyeing, and fullface motorcycle helmet these last few days, I wonder why don't they give me ad related to those instead of pizza or tropical resort vacation ad, I live in 35C tropical climate these days I have zero need for tropical vacation, why not ice cream ad ? i could be tempted to get some ice cream

Funny. How about some ice cream, right? Or at least a new fan...:).
AI is still pretty dumb. I get some software developer tools ads and I don't know anything about software development.

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
My browser has a built-in ad-blocker so I don't see a single ad either.
I understand it's not good for the site income but there's very little chance I'd click on an ad anyway.
And I'd be too afraid to catch AIDS or something surfing the web without some kind of protection.

I could be wrong but I'm not convinced it has anything to do with the amount of content or the ads.
When the site is crawling it's reaching it that takes the bulk of the time.
Once the initial connection is made loading the page is pretty fast.

network.jpg

That being said I have noticed a significant improvement over the last couple of days hopefully it will last.

network2.jpg

Brandrea33

One Too Many
It seems our concern has been heard, the site has been loading significantly better for 24 hours...
Better but still very sporadic. It took me quite some time to post up a new topic yesterday … picture download was extremely slow, and while typing, I’d be like 20 keystrokes ahead of the letters appearing in the post:rolleyes:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The whole reason I haven't been on for the past week is because the site has not worked on my normal browser. I had to download a separate adblock browser just to get on here today. Ridiculous.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Maybe the forum operators can take donation like Wiki, and use that money to buy more bandwidth.

I am doing my best and clicking on those high paying ads but I just don't think it's gonna cut it.

Bluechel

Practically Family
So EFFING sad.....I LIVE here! And it's just terrible for us fanatics. All roads lead here for me, and everything I want to research exists here. As I've said before, I'm willing to PAY for this to work.....shite.

Enough

One of the Regulars
Great site gone bad due to overselling active content ads. The forum operators just don't realize that a balance is needed. I pretty much stay away now due to this. The active ads load immediately while I can't even click up a forum thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW