Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's going on with the FL site?

Do you will still use this Forum with this hassle?

• Yes

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I can get in maybe 1/5 times I try to load the page. It just loads and times out.

Well it’s working now so let’s hope! It’s been about 2 weeks not loading for me.

jeo

One Too Many
Great to hear the admins are on top of this, even better to hear just how many members are willing to come out of pocket to keep this place running tip top. Yet another reason I love TFL, no other online community like it!

Kubatu

A-List Customer
It's not fully functioning. We've been through the wringer with the host, and are doing our best to get moved.

Yes, I see I was a bit premature. Today was just the first time everything was running like it used to for a good thirty minutes, but unfortunately it seems to have slowed down again. Anyway, best of luck during this transition process!

Brandrea33

One Too Many
It's not fully functioning. We've been through the wringer with the host, and are doing our best to get moved.
Good to know you’re working on it. I’ve learned so much in my short time here. Hope the lounge carries on in its former glory very soon.

One Drop

One of the Regulars

Good to hear, thanks for the update.

IME on forums and in my real personal and professional life, a lot of problems can be avoided by communication and managing expectations. I assume you guys have been frantic and occupied with finding solutions and now migrating to a new host, but to avoid any more bleed and a potentially very damaging loss of customers and hence advertising, if I may be so bold, I'd suggest at minimum posting an update on the other thread on the same subject, and creating a site-wide sticky or a banner explaining in a few words the situation and communicating your efforts to resolve them.

It's simple, free, effective, and will go a long way in maintaining goodwill and future engagement. Most people when inconvenienced will simply leave rather than comment or enquire, perhaps due to this the situation appears less problematic to the future health of the4 the site than it probably is in reality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy