Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's going on with the FL site?

Do you will still use this Forum with this hassle?

• Yes

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I also noticed this when uploading pictures. There were never any problems with the iPhone, but for a few weeks now I've been getting these messages when the images are a bit larger. In the past, it didn't matter how big they were.

Anyone else having issues with TFL and the Monkey Whiskey ad? It’s always in the background following me around as I try to navigate the site. When I manage to avoid the ad for long enough to click on a thread it takes me away from TFL to the monkey site instead. The ad won’t go away. I want to strangle that stupid monkey lol.

This phone has an ad-blocker so TFL works fine, but I am not allowed to install blockers on my other phones.

This site is 90% unusable for me of late. This only applies to usage logged in. When logged out it runs perfectly. I plan to post a YouTube video link to demonstrate. Any interaction button blank screens and it takes me a legit 15-20 minutes to get to PM’s. Honestly, for a good while I thought I was banned or my account had throttled permissions. Every post I make or attempt, results in the message in my signature.
IMG_6044.jpeg

Yep. It’s not device related. It has something to do with my account. If I’m not logged in the site runs and loads perfectly. I have access to literally hundreds of devices and regardless which one I use, which operating system it’s running, the result is the same. It’s frustrating enough that I’ve largely given up on the site.. I still check in but only once or twice a week.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Yep. It’s not device related. It has something to do with my account. If I’m not logged in the site runs and loads perfectly. I have access to literally hundreds of devices and regardless which one I use, which operating system it’s running, the result is the same. It’s frustrating enough that I’ve largely given up on the site.. I still check in but only once or twice a week.
Maybe those 17.241 posts under your belt are weighing you down. Try setting up a new account, ton313

Brandrea33

One Too Many
The site runs very glitchy on my end. Just when I think it’s been sorted it starts acting up again.

I don’t visit as much as a result, unfortunately.

Observe

One Too Many
I was having a lot of problems a few months ago, but lately it's been fine for me. 90% of the time I use the site through the app on my phone.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
It's better than a few months ago, but still randomly wonky. Sometimes it still times out and I can't even navigate to the home landing page to log in. Or if I even try to "Like" a post it just spins and spins and craps out.

The other thing that's been happening for a while now (but didn't pre-migration) is that my laptop sounds like a 747 taking off. The cooling fan kicks into overdrive because of all the crap animation on every page. It's bad enough having half a dozen static ads, but now the ads are animated and there's a video player playing 10, 15, 20+ minute videos. Really???

Fonzie

One Too Many
Well, the ads are becoming a joke in this site. It takes forever to load, writing a post is painfully slow because of it and now they take most of the screen as a fixed background. What the hell?

Attachments

• IMG_6394.png
    IMG_6394.png
    314.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6392.png
    IMG_6392.png
    311.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6393.png
    IMG_6393.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 12

Forum statistics

Threads