Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats Happening to me D:

Wyrd

Familiar Face
I cant stop buying hats. It all started with a purchase of an outback hat, i wanted something durable and cool looking to keep the sun off my face. Then i stumbled across fedora hats, and fell in love with a stylish brown indyesque fedora, and last night i have gone and ordered a bowler hat!

In short i think i am acquiring a love for hats, and vintage ones at that it would seem, i actually dreamt about hats last night :eek: ! so i thought why not see if there are like minded people who might help nurture and guide my newfound love, so here i am ;)

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Put the mouse down, and slowly back away from ebay. ;)

Welcome to the Lounge, Wyrd! You'll find good information and great company around here.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think that unlike most hobbies, hats are something you can take with you, use in everyday situations, and improve your looks. For example, I like archery and playing video games, but I can't just lug my compound bow or game station all over town. I also like knives and other types of exotic weaponry, like xiphoid retractables, but it wouldn't be smart to carry those around.

A hat is just another piece of clothing, like shoes or a watch or glasses. You can easily incorporate it into you normal routine.

There's also TheFedoraLounge, specifically the "Hats" section, where everyone else has the same problem. Do not worry, you are with friends.

Wyrd

Familiar Face
Neophyte said:
I think that unlike most hobbies, hats are something you can take with you, use in everyday situations, and improve your looks. For example, I like archery and playing video games, but I can't just lug my compound bow or game station all over town. I also like knives and other types of exotic weaponry, like xiphoid retractables, but it wouldn't be smart to carry those around.

A hat is just another piece of clothing, like shoes or a watch or glasses. You can easily incorporate it into you normal routine.

There's also TheFedoraLounge, specifically the "Hats" section, where everyone else has the same problem. Do not worry, you are with friends.

My thoughts exactly, my other hobbies arent really things i can take around with me. for instance i keep tarantulas and snakes haha.

I cant run... the light... its drawing me in..

jwalls

Vendor
Welcome

Enjoy you sojourn among the hat addicted. And, NO, one cannot have too many hats. :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Gabba Gabba Hey!

Pleased to meet you! You're one of us! :p

Welcome to The Lounge. If you think the hat habit is bad, wait until the jacket bug bites ya ;).

jbucklin

Practically Family
Greetings Wyrd

Tell us about your Indyesque Fedora. I just received an Akubra Federation IV Deluxe yesterday and the only time it's been off my noggin was while sleeping last night. :cool2:

DRB

One Too Many
Yes, post some pictures of your hats. We love to swap pictures here. Enjoy your hats, and welcome.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
jwalls said:
And, NO, one cannot have too many hats. :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

I keep telling my wife that, but she doesn't believe me... and at the moment, I'm not too sure myself. I made the mistake of doing a total of the group Hats in Quicken and it involved waaaayyyy too many digits! :eek: :eek:

But Wyrd, as Bolt said, welcome to the Obsession!

Cheers,
Tom

jwalls

Vendor
Tango

I know how you feel! First I started wearing hats, then repairing hats, then rebuilding hats, then making hats!! I have no idea what could be next, but I think I'm beginning to develop a brim just above my ears.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Wyrd, this is a medical condition that a lot of folks report when first joining the Lounge. There is no known cure yet; but there is hope.

Be forewarned though, The Lounge is not the best support group for BREAKING this addiction...:eusa_doh:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You are among facilitators of afore mentioned behavior, Daniel in the lions' den!

PS- there are NEVER any 7 3/8 or 7 1/2 hats on eBay, never... thought I could save you some time! ;)

Welcome,

Rick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart