Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats in YOUR winter wardrobe??

annet

One of the Regulars
Trumpetina said:
I am on a mad hunt for gloves in various colors, that actually fit my hands! They haven't even put them out in thrift stores here, so I am patiently waiting... :)

oh my, gloves! i never find any, since my hands are rather large, and i have very long fingers... most gloves in store are for average hands, so i have to stick with stretchy knits! i'm thinking about asking my dad to get me a custom made pair from a shop in antwerp that does them, as the birthday present he forgot [huh]

Trumpetina

New in Town
annet said:
oh my, gloves! i never find any, since my hands are rather large, and i have very long fingers... most gloves in store are for average hands, so i have to stick with stretchy knits! i'm thinking about asking my dad to get me a custom made pair from a shop in antwerp that does them, as the birthday present he forgot [huh]

I have the same problem, my fingers are so long! I do find pairs that fit every once in awhile, but I am tired of white and black. I do have a navy pair and an olive green pair. Custom made gloves would be amazing! You will have to let me know if you go through with it!

annet

One of the Regulars
Trumpetina said:
I have the same problem, my fingers are so long! I do find pairs that fit every once in awhile, but I am tired of white and black. I do have a navy pair and an olive green pair. Custom made gloves would be amazing! You will have to let me know if you go through with it!

i sure will! it's the only place in antwerp that still make gloves in their atelier, they specialize in it and have been around since 1884...

zombi

A-List Customer
I'm covered on the coat front -- my winter coat is a teal princess coat with a pan collar. I'm in love with it, I swear I'll die when it wears out (hopefully not for a long time!)

I've also got various pairs of thick, knitted stockings and long socks and such to wear under skirts. Turns out a lot of my skirts are heavier weight and I end up having way less in the terms of summer clothing than I do for fall & winter! Cardigans and various sweaters are easy to rotate with skirts. I have also a small army of knit and crochet hats.

I have got to make a flannel slip though. And I haven't got any gloves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo