Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's that old Logo..?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
It occurs to me that the Radio Manufacturers Association used a three letter-and-lightning bolt logo during the late '30s/early '40s in connection with their servicemen's certification program. Participating radio repairmen would be issued a patch to be worn on the back of overalls or jackets -- maybe this was it?

I can't find any examples of it online, but it did appear often in trade publications. It was a very simple layout if I recall correctly -- the letters R-M-A in a simple sans-serif typeface with a lightning bolt passing behind them at an angle. I don't remember the logo itself as being circular, but the patch might have been.

splatt

One of the Regulars
Here is a brochure I found on Flickr from the 1931 gathering of the RMA Trade Show and Convention that contains their logo... :)

344191910_654a6c13b2.jpg

Note: The link above contains the image in various sizes

Buddy

New in Town
The logo you've described makes me think of an early RKO animated logo where the letters R K O are being dropped in over the lightning bolts, sort of like this one but with the RKO at the top (can't find that one):

2691977100_52743ecde5_m.jpg

But if you saw it on a jacket as a logo, could it have been one of these two early NBC logos?

2691165363_ce9514b9fa_m.jpg

2691977078_6a3d791ff3_m.jpg

Mike

PS Hi! I'm new. :D

**Edited to move the image links to Flickr.

Buddy

New in Town
You know those 99.99% uptime promises you get from web hosting firms? Well, if all you see above are little red X's, welcome to the 0.01%. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points