Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the buzz on BUZZ?

JRaptor

Familiar Face
Where doe's one go in the US for Buzz Rickson's leather USAAF flying jackets? I get my USAF nylon jackets through HPA!

Also, what about the Real McCoy's.... I haven’t dealt with them since I bought and quickly sold one of there A-2's about 5 years ago!:fedora:

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Unless you are a size 40 I think you are out of luck on the BR A2s. This site in Japan will sell overseas and are very good:

http://www.mil-mil.net/top.html

But sizes are limited to 40. I have seen some BRs on the secondary market on ebay which is where I got my RW a few years back. Be real sure on your measurements before you get one. The new ones are quite expensive like over a grand.

RMNZ has been a pleasure to deal with. I have purchased three jackets from them over the last 5 years and they were great. Paddy is great to deal with. Right now they are on holiday until Feb.

They do come available on ebay ever so often but not much. I just got this one from a friend. Great jacket.
RMNZfront.jpg

BTW I do have a RMNZ RW size 44 for sale under the classifieds here. Much less than the new one (if you could even get one of these they don't make the russet goatskin anymore) which run about 890 w/o shipping. It is because of the poor exchange rate right now.

JRaptor

Familiar Face
"WOW....That jacket is gorgeous!" Is that the RMnz RW 27752?

I hate ebay.... wouldn't know were to begin, could you provide
a link to the section of ebay were I would find these jackets?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
greyhound68 said:
BTW I do have a RMNZ RW size 44 for sale under the classifieds here. Much less than the new one (if you could even get one of these they don't make the russet goatskin anymore) which run about 890 w/o shipping. It is because of the poor exchange rate right now.

Drat the 19" shoulders! It's a stunner

greyhound68

A-List Customer
JRaptor said:
"WOW....That jacket is gorgeous!" Is that the RMnz RW 27752?

I hate ebay.... wouldn't know were to begin, could you provide
a link to the section of ebay were I would find these jackets?

The jacket was bought from new RMNZ several years ago after it was returned to NZ as unused wardrobe when they wrapped shooting Band of Brothers. It is a 16159 standard contract label.

Ebay start here. This is a large enough search to get started.
http://collectibles.search-desc.eba...sacatZ13956QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEFSRCHQ3aSRCH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart