Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the worst coffee worldwide?

I see ads for home-duty espresso machines for under $200, and some under $100, even. The reviews are not entirely negative. Some do a passable job, it’s said.

They look decidedly light-duty — plastic bodies, thinnish metal components. I wouldn’t expect them to last more than a year or two in regular use (a couple times or more per day on average, say).

For those less than obsessive about their coffee (I’d never go the lengths some do), I’d think these low-end machines would prove more than adequate.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Admittedly I haven’t read all of the pages so far but from the first post it’s pretty clear that OP is misdiagnosing his coffee problems…

To use an analogy from other parts of the site, it is a bit like saying “I don’t like two-button jackets because my jacket is too warm”. There are far more important factors being ignored.

Admittedly I haven’t read all of the pages so far but from the first post it’s pretty clear that OP is misdiagnosing his coffee problems…

To use an analogy from other parts of the site, it is a bit like saying “I don’t like two-button jackets because my jacket is too warm”. There are far more important factors being ignored.

No problems actually. Having nice cone mill grinder, now.

Fifty150

One Too Many
A pound generic coffee, the store brand, is almost double what a gallon of gas cost.

1670738456311.png

1670738892583.png

@Turnip
Ever tried them?
Don't listen to what some folks may say. THIS is tasty "soft" coffee, believe me!

I freakin' love them, that 's my shit! Well balanced, maybe call it "chocolaty". AND very low on caffeine, if you like that!
And all of the three bags were equal tasting.

But avoid "gut&günstig" and "ja!". Totally different, I tell you. I would say "burned". Bah...

Attachments

• IMGP9135.JPG
    IMGP9135.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 54
That's a better price than what I'm paying.

Some months ago, when I started self grinding, they even were on 7,99 EUR, the sack!

We got cheaper basic line around the storebrands, here, called "Gustoso", now priced 7,99 EUR, Arabica-Robusta mix, but I would never buy this. This is only for the "impact drinkers".

Fifty150

One Too Many
I grew up drinking coffee. Not fancy coffee. Or at least I don't think it's anything fancy. In my neighborhood, there was more than 1 coffee roaster. Same way there's more than 1 butcher, produce store, sandwich shop, etc. We just bought coffee from the closest coffee roaster. I think that to this day, it's the smell of coffee that excites my senses. Not the taste. I can drink coffee from 7-Eleven in the middle of the night. I don't care. What I really enjoy is the aroma. Which, I guess, makes me a little less than sophisticated.

Ha, good, that I didn't waste my cheap drugstore blade grinder, too!
After a longe time, I was again in the mood to get a bag of beans.

So this time, I spontanously choose a bag of Melitta "Bella Crema Speciale" ;););). Intensity "2/5". Just to give it a try.
You know, I'm a man, never expecting anything, so long story short:

Didn't smell appetising from the bag, doesn't taste really good from the mug. Mild, yes!

From (stainless steel) moka pot, of course! :)

Remember the smell, when you open a glass of low-end instant coffee and you smell something sour and "fungal"? That', what comes with this Melitta Crema beans, too.
I would rate them 2 of 5.

But it's always worth, to try other brands, I think.
But to me, classic german dripper coffee is still the worst kind of brew!

Last edited:
Ha, good, that I didn't waste my cheap drugstore blade grinder, too!
After a longe time, I was again in the mood to get a bag of beans.

So this time, I spontanously choose a bag of Melitta "Bella Crema Speciale" ;););). Intensity "2/5". Just to give it a try.
You know, I'm a man, never expecting anything, so long story short:

Didn't smell appetising from the bag, doesn't taste really good from the mug. Mild, yes!

From (stainless steel) moka pot, of course! :)

Remember the smell, when you open a glass of low-end instant coffee and you smell something sour and "fungal"? That', what comes with this Melitta Crema beans, too.
I would rate them 2 of 5.

But it's always worth, to try other brands, I think.
But to me, classic german dripper coffee is still the worst kind of brew!
I love my one morning cup of coffee. I grind my own beans in a good burr grinder then use a French press so I do have a ritual about making it. BUT, I am cheap (or to be kinder....frugal!). So I buy whatever beans are on coupon at Costco. Usually it is one of the Starbucks blends, presently Dark French roast....but sometimes it is a small off brand that can be pretty good or pretty boring but never terrible. The worst is my instant coffee in the earthquake kit for when the power goes out....Starbucks Via single serving pouches......pretty much the worst of the Starbucks burnt blends. It sits in my emergency kit and I drink it shortly after the best before date and then replentish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko