Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite candy?

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Diamondback said:
Supposedly they're now made by Ferrara Pan (the Atomic Fire Balls people) and called Appleheads. Not sure about the info-source's reliability, but you might check out http://www.oryans.com/johaptreat.html.

Oh...My...God...

I realize I probably could have found that...somehow (believe me I was looking before AND after I made my post)...

Thank you so so so very much. I've been craving these things since I was a child but I could never find them. And here there! I plan to buy in bulk, needless to say.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
My new invention

This is a libation, rather than candy, but it's mighty sweet. New Yorkers are familiar with the concoction known as an EGG CREAM, but most non-New Yorkers aren't. The joke is that they're called egg creams because they have neither eggs or cream in them. They go back to the old soda fountain days. You take a tall glass, put a goodly shot of chocolate syrup in the bottom (Fox's U-Bet Syrup is really the definitive syrup) then add about 2 or 3 ounces of milk. Stir this up good and fill it with seltzer. Voila! The Egg cream! Deeeeelicious. I just this very evening created my own variation on that theme. I used CHERRY FLAVORED SELTZER instead of plain seltzer. VOILA! The Cherry Garcia Egg Cream! DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS!!!
Having just come from the doctor who told me my glucose and insulin levels are getting very dicey, I really have to say that I'm swearing off this kind of thing. But, OH, BOY, it was good.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
Ah, a subject dear to my heart. I am, I must confess, a chocoholic. I'm a dark chocolate fan

yes, yes, YESSSSS :eusa_clap

I love the smell, I love the taste , I love even the suspicion of it ...:D

Josephine

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Great, now YOU'RE aggravating my sweet tooth... Wonder how it'd be with Hershey's Special Dark syrup or something similar instead of "regular"?

I had a Snicker's Dark Chocolate bar this afternoon. Smaller than the regular kind (no, really? :eek: :rolleyes:) but it was pretty good. :)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Spitfire said:
Lee - I don't know where to get it in US. Never seen it there. (Propably not allowed!:) )
As a matter of fact, I allways bring my own stash, when I go abroad.
PM you address - and I will do what I can to get a Red Cross Parcel to those in need.;)

I got home tonight and found Soren's Red Cross Parcel in the mail. Now I need the Red Cross. lol

fscn0929.jpg

As you can see only one packet is open. It's all I've tried in the fifteen minutes I've been home. What do I think? Well, I can see why these wouldn't be allowed in the US.: they are PAINFULLY good! I have never had licourice this strong! My family could smell it on my breath . . . from across the room! (Totally grossing out my nephew, who hates black licourice! :D)

Great licourice! Lots of flavor! I love it! Thank you, Soren! I will enjoy it immensely :)

Lee

Miss Brill

One Too Many
If I never ate another piece of chocolate---I wouldn't care. :eek: It does nothing for me. I prefer stuff like Mike & Ikes, Starburst, Skittles, sometimes jelly beans and gummy bears. Mostly I like sugar that tastes like fruit. :rolleyes:

There is nothing worse than Whoppers, I don't know why anyone likes them. I do like Milk Duds, and Charleston Chews, and Tootsie Rolls. And Jolly Ranchers. And Tootsie Roll Pops, and Dum Dums. And those peanut butter candies they make for Halloween...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
I got home tonight and found Soren's Red Cross Parcel in the mail. Now I need the Red Cross. lol

fscn0929.jpg

As you can see only one packet is open. It's all I've tried in the fifteen minutes I've been home. What do I think? Well, I can see why these wouldn't be allowed in the US.: they are PAINFULLY good! I have never had licourice this strong! My family could smell it on my breath . . . from across the room! (Totally grossing out my nephew, who hates black licourice! :D)

Great licourice! Lots of flavor! I love it! Thank you, Soren! I will enjoy it immensely :)

Lee

The Tyrkisk Peber are the best of that selection Lee IMO. Although I would be amazed if you loved them from first taste being a non-scandinavian. Took me 2 years with Tyrkisk Peber to get to the point where I started craving them. After that there's no looking back!

But good job liking salty licquorice first off! S??ren, you should have thrown in a jar of Pingvin ;)

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Before this past summer, I liked chocolate fine, could take it or leave it. But after an especially trying month overseas with eight other women, I discovered the glories of dark chocolate. In a tight spot? Try dark chocolate dipped in Nutella.

Otherwise, I love British import candies, like Double Decker, Toffee Crisp, and Millions. Haven't got the hang of tablet yet; I think you have to be born in Scotland to truly appreciate it!

But you can't beat a Snickers bar! (I'll have to try the dark chocolate one!)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Glad they got though to you, Lee. Had this idear that they would be stopped due to anti-terror law;)
Enjoy them. Not too many at a time though[bad]
You are right Smithy, there are many good licourise brands in Denmark - Pingvin is one of them. To my liking they are just too mild - except "Heksehyl";)

Dracca

One of the Regulars
I don't know if milk chocolate covered almonds count as candy but I am addicted! Runners up are the Lion Bar (unfortunatly very hard to find in the US) also crunch bars and just plain M&M's.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Spitfire said:
Glad they got though to you, Lee. Had this idear that they would be stopped due to anti-terror law;)
Enjoy them. Not too many at a time though[bad]

None of these will explode if dropped, will they? :eek:

I also had one of the Super Pyratos last night. Talk about painful! lol Fun, though. It'll take me a while to get used to these. :)

I'm trying the Super Fighter right now. You weren't kidding about the salt, Soren! I'm also a salt person, but I didn't know they made salt this strong! A very interesting combination. I can tell I'll like this one, too. As for all of them, well, this candy will last me a while, as I don't think more than one or two at any given time is even possible, with the exception of the Tyrkisk Peber.

The most surprising aspect was that there's no aftertaste, except with the sticks. And even the hang-time between bites isn't very long.

Great candy! Thank you very much. :)

Lee

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
:cheers1: You are slowly getting addicted and becomming a Dane!
The PIRATOS are actually my favourits - a rather old brand. 45 years maybe more. But they take some time to get used to. Or maybe it's the consistency of the thing. Don't try to chew them, just find some space in your mouth and leave them there to "melt"...:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo