Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite candy?

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I just went through this thread to make sure I hadn't already posted. Hmmm....candy. My favorites are caramels. Nummy oooey goeey goodness. But, if I am in a not so gooey mood, then I love Goetze's Carmel Cremes. Not as delicious as carmels, but they have their own special appeal....maybe it's cuz the kids aren't very fond of them and I dont have to share.

Then in the fall, around Halloween and Thanksgiving, its candy corn.....Winter its divinity.....Spring, its peeps (I'll share with ya Daisy Dear), hmmm, I need a summer time specific treat though...can't think of one....

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Good and Plenty

Licorice! Any form of black licorice! (Okay, Red Vines, too!) I even liked those thin, dark, lightly-powdered licorice throat lozenges my mother gave me when I had a sore throat. . . . Uh, still like them.

These
300.jpg

Necco Wafers from Hell.

What other candy do I like? . . .

Lee

Point to one. :rolleyes:

Foofoogal

Banned
Hershey Bar with Almonds. Don't like dark chocolate though it is better for you. You would have to shoot me to get me to eat licorice. Cannot even smell it. My sister loves it and was always eating it when we were small. That and green apple anything I cannot smell even.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Liquorice!

Nothing - nothing - beats liquorice. Not the sweet something you get in France or UK - but the stuff you only gets in Denmark and some other countries.
Salt liquorice or the strong, ammonium cloride liquorice!

Separates the men from the boys!
UHHMMMMM!:D

nyx

One of the Regulars
The old candy cigarettes-the minty ones--not the bubblegum. I can't ever find them anymore. I found some at a little side of the road store in Arizona, but they were stale and crunchy. I loved how they used to just melt in my mouth.

F16WarBird

New in Town
Classic: Necco Wafers. I loved them as a kid and I still can't put the roll down once I open it. They go back to 1847, but that style of confection goes back to the original colonies. :)

Modern: Tied between gummy bears and Reese's peanut butter cups.

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
That's me...

olive bleu said:
Tootsie Rolls
Candy Corn
jelly bellys

and this Italian hard candy that i buy that they fill with pure liqour(Love those italians)... you going along thinking you are sucking on a lemon drop then all of a sudden you have a mouthful of whisky...MMMM:essen:

...I had to beg my wife to stop buying Jelly Bellys. I have no will to resist them.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Spitfire said:
Nothing - nothing - beats liquorice. Not the sweet something you get in France or UK - but the stuff you only gets in Denmark and some other countries.
Salt liquorice or the strong, ammonium cloride liquorice!

Separates the men from the boys!
UHHMMMMM!:D

How can I get some of that?

Lee

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Lee - I don't know where to get it in US. Never seen it there. (Propably not allowed!:) )
As a matter of fact, I allways bring my own stash, when I go abroad.
PM you address - and I will do what I can to get a Red Cross Parcel to those in need.;)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
This is gonna sound nutty......but have you tried looking at Ikea...?

I know they have Swedish licorice in their deli stores. I haven't had any to know what tastes like....but it -could- be closer to what Spitfire is talking about...no?

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Michel Gerard cameos!

I don't know if they still exist... in the 80s, I used to buy these insanely overpriced chocolates - an oval disk of dark, with a layer of milk, then a cameo in profile in white chocolate. About 4 inches by 2 inches. Sort of vintage jewelry you could eat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo