Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite candy?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Vladimir Berkov said:
If we are talking chocolate, it begins and ends with Lindt.

Ain't that the truth! I discovered Lindt on a trip to Switzerland in '84, and was so happy to eventually find it in the States. No other chocolate will suffice to stuff my stocking at Christmas.:)

Brad

Phil

A-List Customer
I must say that Lindt in Switzerland is just a tad bit better than in the states. I recently returned from a Europen tour with one of the bands that I'm in. I loved Switzerland in general, but I brought home about 10 pounds of Lindt chocolate. The customs agents gave me a funny look upon my return. But if it's not chocolate, I'm a sucker for suckers. I especially fond of Chupa Chubs, they always have such interesting flavors.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Vladimir Berkov said:
If we are talking chocolate, it begins and ends with Lindt.

On that glowing recommendation I went and bought some of their dark chocolate (70% cocoa) and I found it quite bitter and grainy. I was disapointed. So I dont know . . . :eek:

I dont consider chocolate a candy. Its chocolate, and that is its own delicious category. Everything else, candy :D

LD

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
There´s hardly any kind of sweets that I don´t like, but I think I do love gingerbread best, especially when it comes as heart-shaped little biscuits, covered in milk chocolate and filled with Powidl (plum-jam).
Give me that, some hot tea, a good book and a chilly winter evening - heavenly! :)

A.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
On that glowing recommendation I went and bought some of their dark chocolate (70% cocoa) and I found it quite bitter and grainy. I was disapointed. So I dont know . . . :eek:

I dont consider chocolate a candy. Its chocolate, and that is its own delicious category. Everything else, candy :D

LD

Bitter is how dark chocolate is supposed to be...Lindt's 85% cocoa is lamost inedible to me...you should have bought some of their milk choc...the creamiest I have ever had. And the Lindt'or range....excuse me while I wipe away my drool!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur De Guerre said:
Bitter is how dark chocolate is supposed to be...Lindt's 85% cocoa is lamost inedible to me...you should have bought some of their milk choc...the creamiest I have ever had. And the Lindt'or range....excuse me while I wipe away my drool!
MMMM, Lindt Or'ange. I might have to change my top ten list. But, as a few others have stated, there is a difference between candy and chocolate, so I guess I could have a top list for both.

I haven't seen anyone mention Tobler. Which is, like I've heard Lindt is, better in Europe, but still a very nice treat. I also really like Rochet, guess I have a thing for chocolate and hazlenuts.
My mom went to school in Switerland, and she says she can still taste the chocolates she had there. Although it's funny, for someone who grew up on the really good stuff, she's partial to a Chunky bar every now and again. I've found the wrapper in her car, shhh.... don't tell her I know her secret.

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
Vladimir Berkov said:
For gummy based candy I got to go with Jujyfruit.

jujy.jpg

For me, it's Jujyfruits all the way - except for the yucky green ones!

Novella

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
Yeah, it's kind of makes me a hypocrite when I'm supposed to tell my patients that they shouldn't eat candy.

My old dentist use to always have cookies in the waiting room. I always found it funny for a dentist to be offering up sugar!

As far as candy goes it's probably better to say what I don't like rather than what I do like. :) I'll eat just about any candy, although at the moment I've been craving See's chocolates. I'm also known to eat anything dark chocolate and anything minty. Non-chocolates I could eat anytime include Necco wafers and gummy bears (Haribo especially).

Daisy Buchanan

Novella said:
My old dentist use to always have cookies in the waiting room. I always found it funny for a dentist to be offering up sugar!

As far as candy goes it's probably better to say what I don't like rather than what I do like. :) I'll eat just about any candy, although at the moment I've been craving See's chocolates. I'm also known to eat anything dark chocolate and anything minty. Non-chocolates I could eat anytime include Necco wafers and gummy bears (Haribo especially).

Ha, how else would a dentist keep his patients. My dad is a periodontist, but also has 2 general dentists working in his practice and they have a big bowl of candy bars at the front desk!

I like Sees too. After reviewing all of these posts, I'm begining to think I might have a big problem, I think I'm addicted to candy. Every time someone posts a different type, I find that it's a kind that I really like.

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
There should be some kind of warning in the thread title, because...well, let´s just say I found this discussion very inspiring, thus today has been a sweet day so far - and it´s not over yet! :eek:

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Oooh,I love candy.I use to be a salt-a-holic(cravings in more of the chips and dips range)but I've really started to develope a sweet tooth lately.
I sometimes crave a bit of sour with my sweet and my fave are old fashioned lemon drops.
Other than that,I really enjoy gummy bears,toffee,jelly beans,black licorice,and butterscotch.

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
My favorite is See's Key Lime Truffles. They are white chocolate. I also love the milk chocolate bars with almonds they sell at Trader Joe's. Junior Mints are good too.....
I guess I'll eat any candy unless it has coconut.

Phil

A-List Customer
No See's, we have Fannie-May

Yeah, over here in the Chicagoland area, See's never reached us apparently. It looks like a chain we have called Fannie-May. It's such good candy and chocolate. I'm sure you heard something of the upset people when they closed for a while. I've never had See's though, is it like Lindt or more American like Hershey's? And I must give kudos to the Cracker Jack mention. He is right though, looking online, there were really cool prizes inside.

Daisy Buchanan

I forgot to mention Kinder. They have a huge line of really good treats. I have a friend who lives in the states who is from Germany. She brings me back Kinder product whenever she goes home, and of course she always grabs me a few european PEZ, since the line there is different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael