Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your Holy Grail?

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
The fiji mermaid (of the half monkey/half fish taxidermed Barnum & Bailey variety) that I saw in antique store in Somerset, PA. I should have just bit the bullet and bought it when I had the chance!

contentmentfarm

New in Town
Hi Deacon,

I'll field the mangle question. There are two types of mangles, the first you are familiar with as a clothes wringer that one would have used to extract water from clothing as it came out of your washing machine. You know the type with rollers and a crank. The second is an ironing mangle which is used for linens like sheets and tablecloths (smaller ones too). It has a large drum and roller and heat to iron the article as it passes between the rollers. It looks like this.

ironite.jpg

Luddite

One of the Regulars
'36 - '39 Indian Chief..

36indian24206-1.JPG

I had a sale agreed on one about twelve years ago, but got gazumped by a Belgian cheese-dealer (and it's not many people can claim that accolade) so spent the cash on my wedding instead!

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Well....

A collection of vintage suits, that fit me perfectly with vintage hats to match. One suit for each day for 2-3 weeks. 21 Suits. With Misc. trousers, and shoes to match. And of course casual clothes, sweaters, leisure shoes and work clothes. Theres more but thats basically it. And maybe a 38 DeSoto or 42.

A vintage wardrobe, mixed with Bold Look Suits, maybe a Zoot or two, and of course, some Atomic Era Duds for Casual Affairs. An Atomic Ranch Home, and a 1960 Impala. And of course a loving lady to tie it all together :)

rkwilker

One Too Many
This one's easy....a 1959 Gibson Les Paul cherry sunburst standard in mint, and I mean mint condition. I currently own over 20 guitars, including 4 Les Pauls, but this is the one I dream about.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Mercedes 300SLR. Made of pure unobtanium. However, I once laid hands on one, filled it with gas, and the owner was kind enough to pop the hood and point out various features.

300-SL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy