Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your Holy Grail?

contentmentfarm

New in Town
Hi Ladies,

You've probably all discussed this long before I turned up here but I am curious, what is the one thing that you would just love to find over all else?

I'll start. For me wax mannequins are the be all end all. Here's one I actually found.

minka.jpg

Actually, for me, any pre 1950s vintage mannequin is a holy grail item!

Estevan

One of the Regulars
An original 1930s A-1 Flight Jacket is mint condition!

I know this is for the gals, but i just had to add this jacket......Sorry

a1-1.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I have one saxophone left to find in my lifetime. (I currently own close to two dozen.)

Click to enlarge

This is a Conn, the model now called the "Chu Berry," in sandblast satin gold plate. It is engraved in a design done only between 1930-1932, and as a result, very rare.

(Please excuse my not being a lady. I'll not presume to speak for Estevan.)

ShortClara

One Too Many
A 1950s Ceil Chapman dress, in my size - preferably a shelf bust with a flared skirt and in blue, to match my eyes :) I can probably get one as soon as I scrape together that $1000 and scour ebay! :)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Barring finding the holy grail, if it exists, I would like to acquire James Dean's red windbreaker jacket, the one he wore in Rebel Without a Cause --or at least one of them, I understand there were several.

karol

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
K.D. Lightner said:
Barring finding the holy grail, if it exists, I would like to acquire James Dean's red windbreaker jacket, the one he wore in Rebel Without a Cause --or at least one of them, I understand there were several.

karol

i think it was 2 to be exact...he gave one to a friend and kept the other...no one knows what happened to the latter...

Mojito

One Too Many
Oh, I love those Deco era wax mannequins! I'd be happy finding a vintage catalogue that illustrated them. Your find is gorgeous. I've always liked realistic wax dolls as well (although I know some folks find them a bit too eerie, as they can be so very life-like).

Can we be extravagent? I'd love to find an affordable (e.g., in a relative's cedar wood trunk!) 1920s Chanel gown with Kitmir embroidery...in perfect condition. Or a 1920s Lanvin robe de style (closest I have is a 1932 Lanvin gown with a train).

pgoat

One Too Many
I don't have one major grail. just lots of little ones. Some I've found - a 1970s Wilson A2000 infield model in less than dead condition, a WWII Rodgers Sailors knife like my dad carried in the war (and which my mother made him throw out because I cut myself with it when I was 9 like they told me I would:eek: ), and a slew of vintage Ampeg V-4 and V-2 guitar amplifiers with original 7027A tube compliment, powerful enough to knock walls down.

contentmentfarm

New in Town
Oh, this is fun! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful *holy grail's*.

Mojito, I happen to have the robe du style. It's just a miniature version but it does have the JL label dated 1922.

jl2.jpg

I'm still researching but I think it was done as a sample for a customer rather than doing a full sized sample. Thought you'd appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran