Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your least favorite chore?

Because of my "high-tech" life, I'll say running virus scans and defragging the computers' hard-drives; the former because it takes 8 hours per machine, the latter because I have to uninstall half the programs I run, defrag, then reinstall it all... What a pain!:(

This thread kinda tells me how easy I have it with my only pets being an outdoor (she's technically feral, but never declines food or attention) cat, a stuffed rattlesnake and a school of plush sharks...:eek:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Four things so I try not to plan them, and just jump in and do them.

1) Cutting my dogs toe nails. If I dont she ends up making the 'clippity clop' noise all over the hard wood. When I do, she jirks and pulls so much, it can take over an hour to do :rage: When its over shes like a ninja and I cant hear her and how she sneaked into the kitchen to get at the litter box.

2) Ironing. Its evil.

3) Brushing the cat. Hes evil.

4) Erasing and reinstalling all software on my computer. I tend to do it every 6 to 8 months, problems or not.

Scotrace can attest for me to the gray hairs it can give :eusa_doh:

LD

Kimberly

Practically Family
Fletch said:
Tidying.
I will wash dishes, but WILL NOT put them away.
I will wash clothes, but will procrastinate putting them into drawers, closets, etc., for weeks on end.
I will put up with incredible inconvenience, disorder, even keep people from visiting my home, just to avoid dealing with clutter. It's the most frustrating, guilt-producing ritual I can imagine. It's like having to eat your own guts with a spork.
I sometimes get sick of living in clutter - until I try to visualize starting in on it.

I am the same exact way!! I buy all of these clothes and the most precious get hung up right away on padded hangers. But the rest are in piles on top of dressers, tables, etc. I have been making it a goal to go room by room and throw stuff out, donate it, store it, etc. I then go out and buy more stuff and it's a vicious cycle.

I hate having people over due to the clutter. I keep things clean and sanitized, but it always looks messy due to the clutter. [huh]

Kimberly

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
is one big huge giant guilt trip......

I just realised all the things I haven't done.......in so long that its embarassing....erm...some things I haven't cleaned since moving...and thats December....uggggg

OK.....its obviously Spring Cleaning weekend....darn you all!

Denise.....guiltridden

Whenever I feel guilty I watch that show on BBC America called "How Clean is it". Those people are terrible at cleaning house and I actually get itchy watching some of the episodes. It always gets me cleaning and makes me feel less guilty about my neglected chores. :D

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Kimberly said:
I am the same exact way!! I buy all of these clothes and the most precious get hung up right away on padded hangers. But the rest are in piles on top of dressers, tables, etc. I have been making it a goal to go room by room and throw stuff out, donate it, store it, etc. I then go out and buy more stuff and it's a vicious cycle.

I hate having people over due to the clutter. I keep things clean and sanitized, but it always looks messy due to the clutter. [huh]

I am clutter-girl too....I just keep valiently trying to change....

Last weeks washing is still in the basket...on the floor...I have merely used the clothes out of it all week....

But you -can- actually see the floor in my bedroom...which makes an improvement from my childhood...

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Four things so I try not to plan them, and just jump in and do them.

1) Cutting my dogs toe nails. If I dont she ends up making the 'clippity clop' noise all over the hard wood. When I do, she jirks and pulls so much, it can take over an hour to do :rage: When its over shes like a ninja and I cant hear her and how she sneaked into the kitchen to get at the litter box.

LD

Drat it, you would have to mention clipping nails. I haven't checked my cats nails in a while. He has an extra claw so it looks like he is wearing mittens and the one that doesnt get walked on never gets worn out and if I dont check it, it will poke into his footsies. Drat it. Which means I have to smell his 17 year old stanky kitty breath:cry:

Novella said:
Laundry is my least favorite chore. I don't mind it so much when I live in a house with a washer and dryer, but I can't stand going to the laundromat. It's so time consuming and all sitting and waiting.

+1, Miss Novella. Especially because I'm the designated schmuck to get all the laundry done in the house.:rolleyes: And people wonder why I pack a laptop and either a book or an engineering project everywhere I go...lol

Chickpea

Familiar Face
Folding and putting away clothes must be the worst chore ever! And with two kiddies we have tons of clothes in circulation *ugh*

Taking dishes out of the dishwasher is a runner up, closely followed by putting away stuff I´m finished with.

Seems like the word I´m after is Tidying.

Elaina

One Too Many
Bathing my cats. They're dirty and I'm allergic to them.

One because he's a mess and hates it, the other because he thinks he needs to bathe WITH me. (I really like being alone...)

I also hate clipping my Midnight monster. He's long haired and it gets so hot it's cruel to let him be long haired. So, because he doesn't like it, he usually is a muppet this time of year. And then I can't breathe for a week because he's long haired and moves, then when he forgives me I can't breathe for another month because he looks like a muppet and his self-esteem needs the boost so he sleeps on my face. Then it's another month because he grew out again, so I had to clip him.

The other one is a short haired cat who can't stay clean or flea free (and lord help them if one gets a flea I see. Bath time.)

Rosie

One Too Many
I hate doing EVERYTHING. Which is a shame because I LOVE a clean house. I do it, though I hate it. I'm actually procrastinating now. I didn't do a few things yesterday that need to be done today and I don't want to do it. :(

Shearer

Practically Family
Well, I'm super late to this thread but I had to add my laundry hate :rage:

I don't have the words to describe the dislike I have for the smell of laundry detergent. Blech.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I hate taking out the trash. The room with the garbage chute is absolutely disgusting smelling, has no lightbulb and the door slams shut behind you so you are trapped in gross, dark, smelliness!

I hate dishes as well.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shearer said:
Well, I'm super late to this thread but I had to add my laundry hate :rage:

I don't have the words to describe the dislike I have for the smell of laundry detergent. Blech.
I used to buy unscented Tide Free for my dad. It doesn't have any dyes, either. Other brands might have unscented versions too.
I hate picking up and clearing clutter. The second after I get rid of something is when I need it. When I put things away in a safe place I can't find them again.

Shearer

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine said:
I used to buy unscented Tide Free for my dad. It doesn't have any dyes, either. Other brands might have unscented versions too.
I hate picking up and clearing clutter. The second after I get rid of something is when I need it. When I put things away in a safe place I can't find them again.

Oh, I'm scent free all the way! Scent free dryer sheets make my day ;) You should see me in the laundry aisle at the grocery store though :eek:

Chores

It has to be picking up and organizing things. I just need more space. It all fits if it is packed away, but if i need something like trying to find an article in my pen magazines, I empty the shelves to find it. Then it takes months to put it back. Same with CD's and DVD's.

Caledonia

Practically Family
pretty faythe said:
Drat it, you would have to mention clipping nails. I haven't checked my cats nails in a while. He has an extra claw so it looks like he is wearing mittens and the one that doesnt get walked on never gets worn out and if I dont check it, it will poke into his footsies. Drat it. Which means I have to smell his 17 year old stanky kitty breath:cry:

I'm with you on the 17 yr old kitty breath! Just cut the claws tonight. Don't mind that so much as it stops him cutting my knees to threads as he drags his 17 yr old joints up to my lap. He also just stinks! Yuck. Still, preferable to cleaning the toilet bowl, which is preferable to cleaning the shower, which is preferable to the kitty tray, which is better than cleaning the rats out the chicken feed bin, which is better than retrieving the 2 month old bit of something dead that the dogs buried and want to bring in the house, which is believe it or not better than actually doing all the chores on a regular basis! You really don't want to come visit.....:D

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Caledonia said:
I'm with you on the 17 yr old kitty breath! Just cut the claws tonight. Don't mind that so much as it stops him cutting my knees to threads as he drags his 17 yr old joints up to my lap. He also just stinks! Yuck. Still, preferable to cleaning the toilet bowl, which is preferable to cleaning the shower, which is preferable to the kitty tray, which is better than cleaning the rats out the chicken feed bin, which is better than retrieving the 2 month old bit of something dead that the dogs buried and want to bring in the house, which is believe it or not better than actually doing all the chores on a regular basis! You really don't want to come visit.....:D
lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner