Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your least favorite chore?

Kimberly

Practically Family
Okay, I am trying to motivate myself here, but just can't seem to do it. I have to clean the cat litter boxes and wash the kitchen floor and don't like doing either but have to so I have more time for me this weekend.

What is your least favorite chore? For me it's vacuuming. I put it off until I have no other choice but to do so. When I bought this house it had wall to wall carpeting and is beige and it has taken a beating in the three years of me living here. The house is over 100 years old so I know it has nice floors underneath and I am actually ripping up the carpet this summer due to the fact that I can't stand the vacuum.

Kimberly

Practically Family
I detest ironing and usually make more wrinkles than there were originally. [huh]. I keep meaning to buy a steamer but the ones I want are very pricey.

My youngest son loves to wash dishes and does them at least twice a day which is wonderful for me. :)

Well the cat boxes are clean, now it's onto the bathroom. I am procrastinating on the kitchen floor and may wake up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to do it instead of now.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Oh definately the freaking cat litter boxes!! Thats why I have deligated that off to other members in the house. Of course, usually my nose usually doesnt wait for anyone else to do it and I wind up doing it any way!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I might be in the minority here, but I LOVE cleaning and watching the dirt go away!

But I admit my weakness is actually moving things out of the way. I hate doing that. Sometimes if the husband isn't around I'll dust, mop, and vacuum AROUND everything.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Kimberly said:
I detest ironing and usually make more wrinkles than there were originally. [huh].

I know that one. I'm good with most blouses and men's shirts, but I have a few dresses that just give me fits!

Personally, I hate cleaning the bathrooms!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Joie DeVive said:
I know that one. I'm good with most blouses and men's shirts, but I have a few dresses that just give me fits!

God's gift to men like me: Brooks Brothers' wrinkle-free all cotton shirts. They really are all that they promise to be. Amazing things. Expensive, so buy them at Brooks Brothers outlets or at a clearance sale.

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Cat boxes here too, although the smell, should I procrastinate, often drives me to do it.

Dusting isn't big on my list, but based on how dusty everything was when we moved, it should be.

I don't mind vacuuming too much.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I really don't like to vacuum. Besides, it upsets my cat.

I also don't like to fold laundry. So I don't -- I toss it in the basket as I take it off the clothesline and it stays there until I use it again. Being able to get away with this is one of the benefits of living alone.

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Cleaning the cat box, hands down. Luckily, the alternative to not cleaning it really stinks, so I'm very good about not slacking. I actually bought one of those ridiculously expensive automated litter boxes once, but the thing broke after 6 months. Now I'm back to cleaning it old-school.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Rockapin-up said:
I hate cleaning period :rage:

:eusa_clap

Now tidying....(picking up the stuff all around house.....etc.) I don't mind.

But actual scrubbing requiring tools or chemicals or cleaning products type of cleaning...uggggggggg

I will avoid at all costs ....*looks guiltily at the kitchen and bathroom floors*

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I couldn't pick my least favorite, I HATE them all. I was gonna say cleaning the cat box, then I remembered how much I can't stand to clean the bathroom. Then I remembered how I abhor washing the dishes (thank goodness for the dishwasher), but I hate mopping and vacuuming and after working in a children's clothing store for a while. I can't stand folding laundry. I actually used to send my laundry out for wash-dry-fold. I'd rather have some stranger washing my unmentionables, than to have to do it myself. So as you can see, I hate doing ALL chores. It would be impossible for me to choose one over the other....

Rafter

Suspended
Dan G said:
Definitely cleaning the bathroom.
Agree with you Dan, ....especially the shower!!
I guess all cleaning in general- floors, windows, and forget about the stove and oven ....I won't use those toxic cleaners!

easyoff.jpg

pretty faythe

One Too Many
erikb02809 said:
Cleaning the cat box, hands down. Luckily, the alternative to not cleaning it really stinks, so I'm very good about not slacking. I actually bought one of those ridiculously expensive automated litter boxes once, but the thing broke after 6 months. Now I'm back to cleaning it old-school.

I keep looking at those....do they actually work?

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I can't believe I haven't posted in here!

DISHES! Ahh! I hate doing dishes. :rage:

I don't care for vacuuming either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner