Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your signature hat?

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Signature Hat

I've given this some thought before, and noticed that Tony was starting to consider his new Midnight Art-light at his 'signature' hat.

So, do you have a particular signature hat or a signature style of hat? And what are some famous signature hats?

One that immediately springs to mind is LBJ's Open Road style.

analogist

One of the Regulars
Signature Hats

There are so many presidents who wore Open Roads which is one of the reasons I was so interested in defining what might be the signature hat of my favorite president, Harry S. Truman.

Not only did he wear a hat visibly during his nearly two administrations but of course was a haberdasher who sold hats. I spent a great deal of time studying images of Truman wearing hats and many were Open Roads and many Open Road-ish. Many had an intersting take on the dents or bash.

I sent Art many of these images and he was able to create not a clone but a great hat with a lot of familial DNA. Added to this was a small (1/4" high)
18K pin with the HST monogram on it. I take great pride in the research and was tickled pink in the Art's finished product.

I like to think that were this great American to choose a hat today, he would have chosen this hat and possibly added his monogram. Check out Art's website for a peek.

For myself, I like so many hats but liked certain features of several of them.
I shared my thoughts with Art and thus my signature hat, the Analog, came to be. I own three of this model in different colors and really like all of them.

analogist

AlanC

It's always good to read your posts, Analogist. Are there any pictures of the Analog available for viewing?

I have what I hope to be my signature hat on order with Art right now.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
My "signature" hat would have to be my Stetson Pinnacle. I keep coming back to it. I know, I got mine for a pittance at the outlet, but I can honestly recommend this hat, even at full retail. (I might be too cheap to pay that much, myself, but I can honestly recommend it.)

P1040132.jpg

feltfan

analogist said:
18K pin with the HST monogram on it. I take great pride in the research and was tickled pink in the Art's finished product.
Gee, I was just looking at Art's HST fedora online
yesterday, on the VS Hats web page.
I assumed the HST referred not to Truman but rather
to a recently deceased journalist, though for the life
of me I could not think of a hat he was famous for wearing...

Hunter-S-Thompson.jpg

hst.jpg

hunter.jpg

Okay, I'd rather have Truman's hats.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
The Duke's Cavalry Hat

John Wayne had a signature hat that he wore in most all of his westerns that was his hat. From Stagecoach to Hond to Rio Grande & El Dorado. It was his outlaw, lawman & cavalry hat. If I remember correctly he retired it after El Dorado, but I could very well be wrong on that count.

stagecoach.jpg

JohnWayneCowboy.jpg

130-196~John-Wayne-Posters.jpg

wayne_01.jpg

PH2005101300911.jpg

B000063K1U.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Out of all the hats I own I've come up with what I think are the specs for my signature hat. These specs have been forwarded to Art with notice that this is my Christmas present to myself. I will post picture when I receive my hat.
Bob.

J.B.

Practically Family
feltfan said:
Gee, ... I assumed the HST referred not to Truman but rather to a recently deceased journalist...

:D As your attorney, I advise you to stop reading lurid gonzo-novels! :D

duggap

Banned
Alan, I know what you mean about waiting for that special hat from Art. I just got an email yesterday that mine hat shipped but now I am on pins and needles waiting to see it. Art, being so far away, keeps the mystery alive.:)

AlanC

Duggap, cooncatbob and analogist, congratulations on your Art-produced signature hats (on the way, on order and on head). Art must be the signature hatmaker!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I was just directed to this thread and I'm very flattered by the comments here. Thank you Gentlemen that have bonded with my designs and made them your own. I cannot think of higher praise than to be able to create "signatures"

AlanC

Keep on churnin' out the signature hats, Art (I can think of one in particular, in fact)!

Perhaps others have hats that have become signatures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko