Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your signature hat?

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Yet another member of the Thin Ribbon, Edge Bound crowd with taller crowns and wider brims.

Most are styled as diamond crease fedoras, a couple with 'c' crowns and a couple with cattleman creases.

Several colors: dark brown, medium brown, tan, medium grey, light grey, silverbelly and even a red one with white ribbon (my NC State / Carolina Hurricanes game hat).

Also a couple Panama and Milan straw versions for summer.

It's my signature style. Even if a keeper vintage hat wasn't styled this way when I got it, it wound up that way during the rework process. ;)

Later!

Stan

My signature hat tends to be the one I purchased last. Currently it's that brownish Campdraft. If I don't grab that one it tends to be one of the other Akubras, Squatter or Bushman. For dress up I may go to a gift, a vintage Champ, my dad's Borsolino, Stetson Temple, or Dobbs Westward OR clone.

If I am not in a fedora mood I might grab a newsboy or my straw boater. I will also grab my Cooperstown NY Knights ballcap now and again.

Previous to the Campdraft my Squatter was my go to hat.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
John in Covina said:
My signature hat tends to be the one I purchased last. Currently it's that brownish Campdraft. If I don't grab that one it tends to be one of the other Akubras, Squatter or Bushman. For dress up I may go to a gift, a vintage Champ, my dad's Borsolino, Stetson Temple, or Dobbs Westward OR clone.

If I am not in a fedora mood I might grab a newsboy or my straw boater. I will also grab my Cooperstown NY Knights ballcap now and again.

Previous to the Campdraft my Squatter was my go to hat.

John, I hear you on that - almost every hat I get becomes my favorite for at least a few days. I've worn a Stetson 'Excellent Quality' exclusively the last three days, but today finally put the '30s Playboy back on.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
I have a lot of hats but my two favorites are this stingy Knox 20:
usa083-1-1.jpg

And my VS Strat-clone:
usa092-2.jpg

I swing back and forth between these two constantly. Although I've got to admit my VS has been getting much more wear recently. I feel like a million bucks wearing it! But everyone here in France thinks it's a cowboy hat[huh] .

MCrider

A-List Customer
One of Many

I can't say I have a single signature hat as I like to wear a different one each day. But I guess I have a signature "style" of hat since the ones I wear most often are grey with about a 2 inch brim, usually Stetson since I have three of them. Although the wider (2 1/2 inch brim) looks better, or so I'm told, I love these 2 inch brims

BiltmoreSenator.jpg

Goose. said:
Though I do go by "Goose" some buddies call me "Secret Squirell" because of this hat. If I wear something else they say "'Secret' must be undercover today".QUOTE]

Goose I didn't grasp your nickname until I enlarged that picture. Yep that's Secret Squirrel's hat alright
lol lol lol

The Good

Call Me a Cab
My signature hat so far has come to be the Akubra Federation IV. It's my go-to lid for when I go out to take a walk, a hike, go for a drive in the country, and even out hunting (I do that sometimes, but not as much as I'd like to).

Here's a recent photo, taken today in fact, while taking a walk.

dsc00109f.jpg

What do you think of the Federation on me? Should I go with a stingier brim someday, or does the wider brim suit me well enough?

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Mostly because of the climate of where I live, its my medio-fino Montecristi from Panama Bob, that was blocked by Art. I wear it most days, except if its raining or I'm really casual (then its a linen flat cap).

379532518.jpg

If I lived somewhere else it'd be my charcoal felt by Tim Bender. Its my rainy weather and traveling hat.

379902871.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
MCrider said:

Goose. said:
Though I do go by "Goose" some buddies call me "Secret Squirell" because of this hat. If I wear something else they say "'Secret' must be undercover today".

Goose I didn't grasp your nickname until I enlarged that picture. Yep that's Secret Squirrel's hat alright
lol lol lol
Hi MCrider...
Ha Ha! I haven't worn that packer much lately. Been wearing Barmah Squashy Roo in foul weather lately. But I used to wear that packer quite often.

I would say that my one and only Homburg (Akubra) that I received in March 2009 has become the hat I wear more than all my other hats combined. I just really like it.

569947937_29QxW-S-1.jpg

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Mine would probably be my brown Trilby--I wear it more than any other and I like to think that it brings me luck at the races. It is from my favorite London hatter, Bates in Jermyn Street.

Valhson

One of the Regulars
Panama mostly. In the winter I wear a flat cap the most for some reason. I would like to say I grab the fedora but that just isn't the truth. I am going to have to work on that I suppose

Big_e

Practically Family
J B said:
My signature hat so far has come to be the Akubra Federation IV. It's my go-to lid for when I go out to take a walk, a hike, go for a drive in the country, and even out hunting (I do that sometimes, but not as much as I'd like to).

Here's a recent photo, taken today in fact, while taking a walk.

dsc00109f.jpg

What do you think of the Federation on me? Should I go with a stingier brim someday, or does the wider brim suit me well enough?

A wide brim suits you just fine. A grey fed would be great too. I like stingy brims, to me they just have a more carefree feel and still serve their purpose of protection from the rain and sun.
Ernest

GClark

One of the Regulars
My Vintage Silhouette natural beaver thin ribbon is the one I put on most often. That color just seems to never be out of place, no matter what I wear, and I'm a thin ribbon fan.
VS_strat2.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
GClark,

Great looking lid

Have you ever noticed, you can wear that with a black coat or a brown leather jacket or a jean jacket and it will look great with all three?

Nice hats!

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko