Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whedon off WonderWoman movie

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
yes. on his site, joss expounds upon it. the best quote: "I'm as relieved as I am disappointed, and both of those things lead to drink, so that's a plus."

vonwotan

Practically Family
It really is too bad that Firefly and Serenity were not better received. I did quite enjoy both.

We seem to be a fans of several now defunct series. We very much like Farscape and thought the Peacekeeper Wars was a good but not great finale.

Feraud

Bartender
I liked Firefly a lot! It had a great concept and cast of characters.
Serenity seemed to me to lack...passion. It felt like a throw-away film to remedy a great series that was cut short.
The show deserved much more air time than it received.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Feraud said:
...Kate Beckinsale would make a stunning [fill in the blank].
- I've taken a bit of license with your quote.

IMHO Kate Beckinsale would be stunning in any role. I'm waiting for a 1920's period piece featuring clubs like the Cotton Club in NYC. Or, perhaps something a bit later - another display of decadence - in Happy Valley a la White Mischief.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
After the flop that was Serenity I am not too disappointed.

Hey, I caught that on Cinemax last fall and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd only seen an episode of Firefly, but that didnt grab me.
Didnt Whedon write the ALIEN sequel w/ Winona? Cant say that was the better than expected....

Doh!

One Too Many
It'll never happen, of course, but I'd love to see Monica Bellucci or Catherine Zeta-Jones play the lead. I just hope when they do cast, they remember that the character is named "Wonder Woman" not Wonder Girl.

Please, no rejects from The OC.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I'd love to see Monica Bellucci or Catherine Zeta-Jones
I've have taken license with your quote. I made it my general sentiments.lol
I personally would like to see a movie of Wonder Woman that is true to the origin. A lot of pretty actresses names have been bandied about by amateur casters. I would just like an actress that appears regal and strong, is that too much ask?

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, despite how *right* it would be, a mature (as in over 30) actress is unlikely.

Look at "Superman Returns" - a film explicitly set five years after "Superman II"... yet all of the characters are played by younger actors this time! (Kate Bosworth's Lois Lane was like a high-school girl playing dress-up as a "serious reporter" - it really made me appreciate the old Margot Kidder take on the role!) I know that Hollywood is always going after the all-important teen audience, but I still can't wrap my head around that one...

Feraud

Bartender
Doctor Strange said:
Yeah, despite how *right* it would be, a mature (as in over 30) actress is unlikely.

Look at "Superman Returns" - a film explicitly set five years after "Superman II"... yet all of the characters are played by younger actors this time! (Kate Bosworth's Lois Lane was like a high-school girl playing dress-up as a "serious reporter" - it really made me appreciate the old Margot Kidder take on the role!) I know that Hollywood is always going after the all-important teen audience, but I still can't wrap my head around that one...
I agree.
:eek:fftopic:
The whole "youth market" idea is lame. The necessity to gain every bit of market dollar available is what makes most films extrememly bland.
Instead of having movies marketed towards young people or adults, producers think they can combine the two and make it work. I have news for them, it does not! I appreciate a movie I can only see with other adults in the audience.
It is one of the perks of being a grown up.

waingirl

One of the Regulars
I have always been a huge Joss Whedon fan. I never got into the firefly stuff, but I have been a Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel nut since the beginning!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24