Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When your told to put down the gun... DO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
His name seems familiar to me, but it's possible I know him on another forum, or just has "one of those names."
This is really a terrible thing from all sides. It sounds like the cops did what they had to do, though. I'm surprised they didn't shoot as soon as he brought the gun to bear. My best guess is that Mr. Murphy was too drunk to exercise the good judgement that would normally prevail.

Foofoogal

Banned
I used to live not far from Huntsville P R I S O N in Texas. Almost everytime I went by there I always wondered how many people were in there maybe for a very long time for getting drunk one night and being really stupid or blacked out.
This story is very, very sad but with the state of affairs recently it makes it well whatever....

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
An unfortunate turn of events. Still, it would have been wise to put down the gun. Makes me wonder if there are any more newspaper articles on this event; I wonder how and why he encountered the police in the first place.

Well, here in London we have recent (and past) evidence of where and where not to believe the word of the police in these cases. (No information as to armed police, no warning, no confirmation of suspect status: shoot 7 times in head on busy train. Guns and stupidity (idiot police) don't mix)

I await an investigation on the case presented here.

His vest isn't short, his trousers waist is too low.

bk

KilroyCD

One Too Many
A tragic turn of events. It shows how enough alcohol can really cloud one's judgement. I'll bet if he had been sober, he'd still be alive today.
Notice how his photo looks like it could be a Lounge avatar?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Baron Kurtz said:
Well, here in London we have recent (and past) evidence of where and where not to believe the word of the police in these cases.

I await an investigation on the case presented here.
Hear, Hear!

It's astounding that most here are swallowing the police account without question. :eusa_doh:

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
Hear, Hear!

It's astounding that most here are swallowing the police account without question. :eusa_doh:

it's not a case of swallowing or not swallowing the police account. I haven't seen or heard other accounts to confirm or refute the police claims. I was merely commenting on the news report. We really don't have much else to go by at this point in time.

Feraud

Bartender
KilroyCD said:
it's not a case of swallowing or not swallowing the police account. I haven't seen or heard other accounts to confirm or refute the police claims. I was merely commenting on the news report. We really don't have much else to go by at this point in time.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24