Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where are you going tonight

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Last Night

...I went to the auto mechanic, the chiropractor, then home to have a potluck dinner and movie at home with a friend.

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
Atticus Finch said:
Hi PeeWee and All,

I haven't thought about the Char Grill in years! Not since the mid-seventies when I was at Carolina. Thanks, PeeWee, for bringing back some wonderful memories!

Atticus

Well come on back sometime. They do it just like they used to, although you can't get a charburger and a fry for 45 cents anymore:D

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Hi PeeWee,

Is the Char Grill still on Hillsborough Street close to the railroad tracks? Four or five of us used to pile into my roommate's car and drive from Chapel Hill to Raleigh just to eat at that place. You placed your order by checking blocks on an order slip and then handing it through a window. But, man, those were some great burgers!

By the way, I live near New Bern now. Its a nice place, but I thirty years later I still miss the Triangle.

Atticus

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Off to work in an hour for the evening show at the theatre. Tonight's feature -- "Wondrous Oblivion," a British comedy-drama about a Jewish immigrant family in early-sixties London, their son's love for cricket, and their unexpected friendship with their Jamacian neighbors. A popcorn-and-Coke supper will precede the show...

olive bleu

One Too Many
at work right now.. going out afterward with some c0-workers.Moved to a different dept. and my old co-workers are taking me out for drinks:beer:

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
Atticus Finch said:
Hi PeeWee,

Is the Char Grill still on Hillsborough Street close to the railroad tracks? Four or five of us used to pile into my roommate's car and drive from Chapel Hill to Raleigh just to eat at that place. You placed your order by checking blocks on an order slip and then handing it through a window. But, man, those were some great burgers!

By the way, I live near New Bern now. Its a nice place, but I thirty years later I still miss the Triangle.

Atticus

Same place Atticus...same great burgers and you still slip the paper order through the window. There are now 5 Char Grills, but Hillsborough is still my favorite. I've been going 2 or 3 times a month since 1961 when they opened.....So you went to school in Chapel Hill? I've got a daughter over there now having too much fun:)

Mojito

One Too Many
Best mate is holding her annual big Christmas Soiree tomorrow, so I'm heading out to her place straight after work. Tonight will be cocktail hour as we make the final preparations.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Night Owl

After the Cathedral and a quick dinner at a nearby Vietnamese
restaurant, broke my evening date with Michel de Montaigne's Essays.
J'ai le cafard ce soir. And there's never a Jesuit around to argue with
over coffee and brandy anymore....lol

S

Samsa

Harp said:
After the Cathedral and a quick dinner at a nearby Vietnamese
restaurant, broke my evening date with Michel de Montaigne's Essays.
J'ai le cafard ce soir. And there's never a Jesuit around to argue with
over coffee and brandy anymore....lol

Harp:

You would be an interesting person to talk Theology with. That's all.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Dinnertalk

Samsa said:
Harp:

You would be an interesting person to talk Theology with. That's all.

Actually what I really wanted to discuss this evening was more
legal: the lack of judicial restraint in Commonwealth of Massachusetts vs Woodward, and the applicability of inherent false imprisonment or kidnapping of an infant relevant to the felony murder doctrine.
That and why I threw $100 bucks away on Notre Dame instead of
betting on LSU.

B

BAZ

Tonight is a HUGE Chrimbo party thrown by a Tycoon friend of ours!!
Free food, free booze!
He always has bands playing.
Last year was Sister Sledge (don't laugh, it was free!) the year before was The Gypsy Kings.
It's funny, he's a cool Irish guy, and it's his party for all his clients, so he invites US along so he has someone there he likes!!!:)
It IS feckin' freezin' here today, tho'!!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
The wife is at the x-mas party at the ad-agency. The son is at the x-mas party at the college. And I am staying home, staying sober and watching TV, in order to drive into the night at some crazy hour to shovel my lovely wife up at some discojoint and drive her home. That must be love...?:eusa_doh:
(On the other hand: I am going to watch the last 3 episodes of Piece of Cacke while I waite, so don't feel sorry for me:D )

olive bleu

One Too Many
Going to my sister's Christmas work party.She is single, so i go with her every year as her significant other.We are going to "Hatfield Farms" which is a place where you can go for horsebackriding, hayrides, etc. her workplace holds their parties there every year.It is a blast!

RedPop4

One Too Many
I have at least one if not two of my former New Orleanian, cigar-smoking friends in town right now.

We're going to gather later this evening for cigars, libations, and great conversation at Dos Jefes Cigar Bar in uptown New Orleans.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I've stayed in tonight after a satisfying day of house cleaning, cooking for the coming week and decorating for my holiday party next weekend. I've got a fire in the fireplace, a cup of tea, the Lounge and I'm tweaking a CD mix I'm making a friend for Christmas. I am very content.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Lounge lurkin'; perusing Carl J. Burckhardt's apologetic
tome, Richelieu, His Rise to Power, and listening
to The Kevin White Show, (Notre Dame Athletic Director)
on WLS 89*AM--the Heisman Trophy prerequisites vs Richelieu's
Machiavellian tendencies. May hit the streets later for blues over
at Kingston Mines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes