Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where Do You Think Men Should Shave?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My husband is quite hairy, but not a single one on the top of his head. As for Dr. Sivana, I'm still glad he shaved his head instead of trying to head it with a comb-over or an obvious toupee. The quote he now uses comes from one of our lovely FL chaps, "I fired my hair before it quit". As for body hair, I come from Greek and Italian heritage, I'm used to hair men. I don't prefer it, but I do prefer my men as God intended, whether hairy or hairless.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
As far as I am concerned, the *only* shaving that is remotely acceptable for men is face, neck - if it is hairy, and head - if the guy so chooses. If a man's body hair is exceptionally long or bushy or otherwise problematic, I think manscaping or trimming should be sufficient to keep it in check. Body shaving or waxing on men seriously creeps me out. I like a man to look like a man... not a pre-pubescent girl.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I don' t have an issue with body hair on men, although i'm not too keen on hairy backs truth be told. Aside from that i'm not at all averse to facial hair on men, i.e a nice well cared for beard or moustache can be very becoming. Other than that, clean shaven and a touch of cologne is great.

Actually i find it a turn-off if men shave their chests, legs etc, (unless they are athletes), au naturel does it for me. Hairy chests and legs are molto sexy. (Think Sean Connery, mmmm) ;)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
LizzieMaine said:
I'd suggest if men insist on wearing sandals they ought to shave their feet. Unless their name is "Frodo."

I am the most overgrown hobbit ever. Too much entdraught.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I guess I am just a big ole giant prude...

But to me this is no one's business or matter then the folks involved.

I thus don't really care much what 5000 strangers on the internet think about mens grooming habits, since beyond cleanliness, interacting with most males in public does not require me to have details of their pruning habits.

Its the -oversharing- of such details of each others lives, that makes us all interfere in others private business.

*end prudery*

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Miss Neecerie said:

I thus don't really care much what 5000 strangers on the internet think about mens grooming habits, since beyond cleanliness, interacting with most males in public does not require me to have details of their pruning habits.

Its the -oversharing- of such details of each others lives, that makes us all interfere in others private business.

*end prudery*
lol Well said, sister! :eusa_clap

Feraud

Bartender
Miss Neecerie said:

*end prudery*

I am no prude but totally agree with this.
Is nothing private anymore?? :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

annet

One of the Regulars
i don't mind hair on a man. my boyfriend grows a beard and i prefer it over stubble, he has quite a lot of chest hair, and trims his armpits (but never shaves it all off, he just keeps it shorter) and 'down there' (because it 'just keeps growing' as he puts it)

he doesn't expect me to wax myself until i'm as smooth as some photoshopped ideal, so who would i be to ask that from him? we're both comfortable with who we are and around each other, and from what i hear this is quite rare for our age (21 and 25)

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:

*end prudery*

Then be sure and have a lot of soft padding around you if you peruse the "Do You Go Commando" thread in the Powder Room - you'll fall over! Some of those posts would send Joseph Breen into a tailspin! :D

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:

*end prudery*

I have a great tendency toward prudery as well, but I find fascinating the spectrum of opinion about things like this (i.e. men's grooming habits). About anything, really. To me it just shows a wonderful diversity of thought to which I might not necessarily be exposed (no pun intended at all). I'd be in no way inclined to interfere in others' private business, or be judgmental; live and let live.

Oh, and by the way, back, shoulder and toe hair on a man gets my veto, and judicious manscaping gets my seal of approval. Preferably no shaved heads unless the gent's skull has a Lee van Cleef perfection, and I share Cary Grant's opinion on facial hair (love a good pencil moustache, tho'). :D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
fortworthgal said:
Body shaving or waxing on men seriously creeps me out. I like a man to look like a man... not a pre-pubescent girl.
In college a friend on swim team would shave down regularly; his girlfriend said it made her feel like a lesbian. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112