Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is my robot?

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
Anyone remember Captain Video and his Video Rangers? His arch nemesis TOBOR! Scarey. Somebody stencils ROBOT 1 backwards on the robot and he becomes I TOBOR. It was controlled by an evil lady named Atar.
Those early live kids TV shows deserve a thread of their own!
So then, "Atar" becomes Rat A ? [huh] lol
Anyway,that was before my time, but I seem to remember some character from Felix the Cat cartoons,...The Master Cylinder? Am I remembering correctly?

Absinthe_1900 said:
In vertical flight mode you'd better hope you have a heck of lot of altitude for the Skycar to "hopefully dead stick". Or have that ballistic 'chute open.

Frank Piasecki once told me these non autorotating VTOL craft will be trouble if, and it's a big if they ever can become operational.

Vectored thrust is best left to military craft with ejection seats.

Actually, I was thinking a Harrier II should have some "glide" once you punch off those huge external tanks... and since it can do CTOL...

I'm not trusting the Skycar any farther'n i can throw it. Make mine a gloss-black souped-up Bell 222. (Point to anyone who gets the reference!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn