Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is my robot?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
There was a time when we looked forward to the 2000's. I still have to get up to grab an apple from the basket on the table

wher is my robot?

Robby the robot
5.jpg

Robot that yells danger
pll5019.jpg

Robot that kills people who want out of the city
logan.jpg

Robot that takes out the trash
rosie4.jpg

My super hip hop current robot that follows orders though can't find the apples.
Can however follow tai chi.

I call it FL1.

hrp2_dancing.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
Cyberdyne Systems Corporation thanks you for your interest in SKYNET peripheries and asks for your patience.
predator-hf.jpg

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Yeah!

Everyone should have a robot by this point in time. I am just as disappointed as y'all. :(
This is the future after all.
One should at least be able to walk into a Honda dealership by now, and buy a new Asimo.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Tony in Tarzana said:
What I really want is George Jetson's car, that folds up into a briefcase. Parking? lol

I think the National Parking Garage Corporation put the prototype out of commission and silenced the scientists. Bad for urban development.

And we have had robots since the 50's. It's just that little kids get them first.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
vonwotan said:
Cherry 2000!!! :D Wow, I almost forgot about her.

Has anyone else seen this article? A female "android" in Korea.

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/200605/kt2006050417203910160.htm

Cool! Very Twilight Zone. At this rate, we could conceivably have our own robot in ten years or so. Even a whole staff of robots to do all those boring domestic chores, thus freeing mankind for more worthwhile pursuits, just like all the comic books I read said.:D

vonwotan

Practically Family
While having a robot would be wonderful, I have to agree with Tony in Tarzana that the Jetsons car would be my first priority. I also love the somewhat lounge lizard decor and the wide open spaces and windows.

Chanfan

A-List Customer
staggerwing said:
My Roomba does a pretty good job of cleaning the floors.

I had a succession of Roombas, but they kept dying. I guess medium pile and multiple cats are too much for them. I ended up returning it in exchange for a regular vacuum.

I did recently see articles on a cute little dancing robot, an a steam powered toy robot.

Also a inventive lazy person, who made a fridge that launches beer. Not quite a robot, and it's only canned beer, bleh. Still, one must take the first steps when reaching for the stars…

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
The Korean Robot

That would just freak me out if I came in late one night and it (she?) was walking around the house. Would be happier watching her (it) on Dr Who!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic