Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is the Spring????

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Temperatures forecasted close to 20 C this weekend, just heard a flock of cranes flying over my house...spring is near.

:)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Under the desk somewhere, and I can't find the damn thing.

Oh, *that* spring. Up here we don't even start looking for it until the end of April.

The ice storm the other day broke my clothesline and froze four sheets into a two-inch glacier. I look forward to eventually reclaiming them from the tundra like a Siberian mammoth.

CatsCan

Practically Family
just heard a flock of cranes flying over my house

What a coincidence! I saw some (eight) cranes today, sorry for the bad quality of my pics, small camera, no tele, had to zoom in until max. Beautiful and magestic birds! I love them and all the old tales, mythology and symbolism attached to them...

P1100613c.jpg

Cranes grus grus spec. feed on corn remains in North Germany​

large 1.jpg

Cranes grus grus spec. feed on corn remains in North Germany

large 2.jpg

Cranes grus grus spec. feed on corn remains in North Germany​

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

Tuesday we had snow and ice and freezing temps. Wednesday a warm front started to come in. Today, Thursday, it is sunny and in the low 50s Fahrenheit. Everyone is skipping around and saying that Spring has arrived. (I don’t want to jinx it.)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Punxsutawney Phil, a groundhog in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania supposedly emerged from his burrow
last February 2nd and saw his shadow, a harbinger of a long winter.

Meanwhile, Woodstock Willie in Woodstock, Illinois did not see his shadow that day, a harbinger of spring.

The exacta split a bifurcate vote. But word on the street is that Punxsutawney Phil sold out to heavy betting.
Covered his ass on a straight win. Sorry ass mongrel. Willie meanwhile played it straight down the middle, really put his ass on the line. Spring is right around the corner here in Chicago.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
I can see it now, end of august & the 21st century summer heat has worn us all down & we'll ask, " Where is the autumn ?" :D
The frogs haven't spawned yet so officially for me, spring hasn't been declared, though unofficially, the buds have been bursting & the vegetation has been sprouting since mid-jan, so................

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
'Round here, Spring is buried somewhere under 2ft of snow. Good news is we're moving into mid-30s to the low 40s in the next couple of days so bye-bye white stuff!

Temperatures forecasted close to 20 C this weekend, just heard a flock of cranes flying over my house...spring is near.

:)
I had one fly by me the other day while in the parking lot of the druggist.

Tiki Tom

Everyone here views 1 March as the day when winter ends “although Spring may not yet have arrived.” :) Perfect summation of the Viennese way of looking at life.

Currently cool but sunny, which I love, and the days are noticeably longer. I hate it when it is freezing and you leave the house in the dark and come home in the dark. This last week was the first week when it felt safe to wear my trench coat instead of my heavier winter greatcoat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo