Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Where there's tea, there's hope"

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I love good old tradional English Breakfast tea! Usually Twinings or Clipper Organic. I'm bad and have 2 sugars (also with coffee) which I know I should cut out altogether. When I'm at home I tend to use my china cups as for some reason tea tastes better in them than a regular mug. I also really like jasmine tea, not much of a fan of green tea though. I get the jasmine leaves from china town or when at work I use the Twinings brand which, for a tea bag, surprisingly isn't that bad.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
About a week or two before this term started I found myself in a local tea house, for the first time in age, I was nestled in with textbooks and my journal, with every intention of reading a few chapters, making notes, and generally being well prepared for classes, my journal goes nearly everywhere with me just in case inspiration strikes.

Well somewhere between the first and second sip of Vanilla-Coconut White tea and it struck, I spent two hours ignoring textbooks and writing page after page in my journal and watching life go by, apparently white tea can spark the creative process:) The Rose Garden black tea was a very nice second pot as well.

It was a wonderfully introspective, relaxing time that I think I need to make a ritual for myself.:)

Flieger

Practically Family
I've been drinking tea all my life. I have an early memory of my dad brewing a pot of Earl Grey so strong that that spoon would stand in it. EG is still my favourite blend but it must be leafs and it must be Twinings!

We have a nice tea-shop where I live and I just bought a new blend called "The Professor's" - A mix of Lapsang, lemon and (of course) Earl grey. I'm brewing a pot as I write this. :)

/F

pgoat

One Too Many
Woland said:
Truly detest "tea" which contains no tea!
A contradiction in terms which keeps me awake at night.

I am embarassed to admit I only learned recently that the herbal infusions I drink all day long at work are not true teas. I still love them anyway!

Every Morning the wife and I drink Yorkshire English Breakfast w/ natural sugar and a little skim milk. At night after dinner we might have decaf coffee or an herbal te- I mean, infusion, such as Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time.

There was just another tea thread here recently - can they be merged?

pgoat

One Too Many
pardon the total geekazoid intrusion, but-

a lot of Earl Grey lovers here (I have this too if after 12 noon but before dinner - my favorite 'treat' tea), so wondering if anyone else got a kick out of Patrick Stewart ordering "tea...Earl Grey....Hotttt" from the space age food replicator in many many episodes of Star Trek (Next Generation).

rumblefish

One Too Many
carter said:
Normally, I'll drink a pot or better of coffee daily.

However, I love a good cup of strong dark tea when the winds are cold and the fire is blazing against the dark. I take mine with a shot of Jameson.

There's a strong dark tea that I love called Pu-erh, a lot of tanic and earthy.

Any one ever have Genmai green tea, with the little bits of puffed rice?

pgoat said:
a lot of Earl Grey lovers here (I have this too if after 12 noon but before dinner - my favorite 'treat' tea), so wondering if anyone else got a kick out of Patrick Stewart ordering "tea...Earl Grey....Hotttt" from the space age food replicator in many many episodes of Star Trek (Next Generation).

Make it so.

pgoat

One Too Many
"En - Gage!!!"

46.jpg

food14.gif

via the magic of the internet: Behold, the power of Picard!!

http://alvinrobina.topcities.com/blogger/archive/2005_04_01_archive.html

saturnoir

New in Town
pgoat said:

I wondered how a replicated cuppa would taste, and figured "if it's good enough for Picard..." so for a while in college I would heat my Earl Grey in a microwave. Bleaugh. The proper boiling of water is half the civilization of it all.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Of course!

CanadaDoll said:
On the topic of tea, anyone else collect tea cups and other tea paraphernalia?

Silver tea service
Many different cups and saucers
Samovar

I love the paraphernalia!

Strong English or Irish Breakfast (loose leaves, bags are for traveling) with milk! Probably 10 to 15 cups a day, and I sleep like a baby.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
I never got the taste for coffee - even the foo-foo flavored coffees. So, tea it is and I love it. Usually Asian types because of my interest in the martial arts... green tea, jasmine, white tea...all with no milk, cream or sugar. Our supermarket (the awesome Wegmans) has a loose tea section where I can buy 75 cents worth of tea and make 10 cups.

If you are into high-end herbal teas, check out the website (or their chain stores) for Teavana. Excellent stuff, though pricey.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
Silver tea service
Many different cups and saucers
Samovar

I love the paraphernalia!

Silver is always so fancy, I love the look of it. I work in a china store, we focus on bone china, so I've gotten spoiled I love Royal Crown Derby English pieces, the older the better. And of course tea pots:)

How long have you been collecting?

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I drink a lot of coffee as well as tea, but tea can be very relaxing, or very energizing, give it a try you may just like it;) :)

I find there are particular occasions that require tea, and others that call for coffee:)

pgoat

One Too Many
I just had a major breakthrough - Not sure if it's entirely good...

I used to be a coffee addict. I had overnight and evening shifts at times through college and when changing careers and would either buy two or three 20 oz. coffees from 7-11 (drank in about 20 mins steaming hot) or my gigantic field thermos which holds a full pot and then some.

At some point a few years ago I started getting slight palpitations when I drank coffee - since then I've only had a decaf once a week or so (Sunday evening after dinner sort of thing). But I always jones for caffinated java when someone wafts past me in the morning (especially hazelnut, my true weakness).

I caved last weekend and got Hazelnut - reg and decaf beans - at the supermarket. My wife insists 99% of it was in my head, so I told her - you make it, I'll drink it, and don't tell me if it's decaf or not. Just promise to call the ER if I start to code!:eek:

Well, I've drank caffeine a few times since then and I am A-ok. But I still prefer my English Breakfast tea in the morning. A much more humane and civilized way to wake up body & soul. I just have to watch out that I don't start abusing the coffee again...

Foofoogal

Banned
I have always sold lots of tea items and enjoyed tea but after just getting back from Scotland I finally understand the tea thing.
Now tea is an event for me about 2 or 3 times a day with all the paraphernalia
that goes with it.

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
My bf got me a book called "The Story of Tea" along with a japanese cast-iron tea pot and some amazing chinese loose tea for Christmas. He knows me well, that good kid.

Sunland Sare

New in Town
my grandmother was a stickler for tea, when my grandparents went to holidays to europe, she determined whether she like the country as a whole, on the quality of the tea served in their hotel.

because of this she refused to go to spain and italy after being served sub-par tea while she was there lol

my brand of choice is Indian Prince Loose Tea - lovely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy