Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Where there's tea, there's hope"

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
sweetfrancaise said:
Smithy, I drink it like water, at least two cups a day!

Two cups!? You're an amateur :D

All my grandparents were British so they used to fly into the tea, but my maternal granny was very impressive, I'd imagine she would've knocked over a good 12 or so cups a day, and never bags.

I still enjoy a good cuppa of Bell tea (from back home in NZ) although that's nostalgia rather than being particularly incredible tea. I also won't say no to good old PG Tips if I'm offered.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Ah, tea! Elixir of Life!

Love, love, love the tea!

There's a place in Boston called Tealuxe that has many different kinds of tea--I try different blends frequently. Favorites include Darjeeling, Ceylon, and Lady Londonderry which may be a Tealuxe specialty (black tea with hints of strawberry and lemon).

I take it with no milk and too much sugar.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
There's a little place called Steeps around here that I used to go to fairly often, they had a mind boggling selection of teas from all over the world, although for the past couple of years I've just been sticking at home with my tea bags rather than making the trip:eek:

CharlesB

Suspended
CanadaDoll said:
Mmmmmm caffeine, I've had so many bleary eyed morning lectures this term where the only thing making me stay awake to take in the Parliamentary systems of Canada, Great Britain, France and the US has been the caffeine in my tealol Although there's something missing in the whole experience when you're drinking out of a thermos, but you make do:)
Lemme guess a Comparative Federalism and Systems course?

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
CharlesB said:
Lemme guess a Comparative Federalism and Systems course?

Just an intro, so we had a little bit of everything, Presidential system versus Parliamentary and such, and then of course all the founding doctrines and terms for everything, it was interesting and surprisingly enjoyable, but I sure don't want a carreer in politics:)

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
CdnDandy said:
I'm getting my supply from a place called the Oolong Tea House. Good selection. Been to a Steeps as well, and had some wonderful cups there :)

Oh Yes Oolong! I've only been once, but the fellow who used to help run Steeps now owns (I believe) Oolong, he's a nice fellow. I have a coupla friends who have goth tea down there once a week.:)

CharlesB

Suspended
CanadaDoll said:
Just an intro, so we had a little bit of everything, Presidential system versus Parliamentary and such, and then of course all the founding doctrines and terms for everything, it was interesting and surprisingly enjoyable, but I sure don't want a carreer in politics:)
If you ever need any help, I had a focus in comparative govt and federal studies under the man thats considered one of the foremost minds in the world on it, a guy named Dr. G Alan Tarr.

Finishing up my MA.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have about 30 different kinds of tea. Not a herbal tea drinker. For basic, daily wear, I go for Irish Breakfast with a bit of soy milk, or my favorite, Earl Grey with sugar and soy milk.

Mmmmmm.....

LD

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Well where were you when I needed to write my darn paper CharlesB?!?!lol
Thanks for the offer, but the course final was this morning I'm a little fried, but I will definitely let you know for the next course:)

On the topic of tea, anyone else collect tea cups and other tea paraphernalia?

carter

I'll Lock Up
Normally, I'll drink a pot or better of coffee daily.

However, I love a good cup of strong dark tea when the winds are cold and the fire is blazing against the dark. I take mine with a shot of Jameson.

volatile

A-List Customer
I like my tea like Orwell liked his, particularly where he points out the following:

George Orwell said:
Some people would answer that they don't like tea in itself, that they only drink it in order to be warmed and stimulated, and they need sugar to take the taste away. To those misguided people I would say: Try drinking tea without sugar for, say, a fortnight and it is very unlikely that you will ever want to ruin your tea by sweetening it again.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Depending on my mood, I tend to favour mostly Irish Breakfast but also enjoy Scottish Breakfast and Prince of Wales. Sometimes the smokier flavour of Russian Caravan, but . . . no, I really can't go past a well-brewed pot of Irish Breakfast!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
imoldfashioned said:
Love, love, love the tea!

There's a place in Boston called Tealuxe that has many different kinds of tea--I try different blends frequently. Favorites include Darjeeling, Ceylon, and Lady Londonderry which may be a Tealuxe specialty (black tea with hints of strawberry and lemon).

I take it with no milk and too much sugar.

Yay -- Tealuxe!!! Whenever I'm down that way, it's a must stop. The Darjeeling is *sublime.*

Caleb Moore

Familiar Face
Top o' the morning...and all day long.

Irish Breakfast for me and plenty of it. I prefer it in loose leaf form, but also keep a supply of Barry's tea bags in my office at work.

I enjoy lots of other flavors as well.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Black tea

I like any strong black tea, Twinings, Fortnum and Mason, Jacksons of Piccadilly, etc. Or sometimes good old Red Rose. I like it with a little milk, and HONEY, not sugar. I've experimented with various types of honey, and that can make a great difference.
:eek:fftopic: Speaking of Earl Grey, I read the great bio of him by George Macauley Trevelyan, "Lord Grey of the Reform Bill". He invented Earl Grey tea because the water at his estate had a nasty aroma to it. Supposedly he was visited by a Chinese diplomat, who concocted the additon of bergamot, aka monarda, thus creating Earl Grey tea. He was a fascinating character, and the book is a great read.
Earlier, during the American Revolution, drinking bergamot tea straight was encouraged as an alternative to drinking imported English tea. I don't think the bergamot/monarda tea had any caffeine in it. No kick, but tasty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy