Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find the smaller Swiss Salt and Pepper rucksack?

shortbow

Practically Family
Hope this thread turns something up. I have the big one and have been looking for the JR since I got it 15 years ago. Good question.

You might check some of the various surplus places online like "Cheaper than dirt" and Major Surplus which is in Carson or Torrance. They get all sorts of surplus fom around the world. I have canvas Italian rucks from Major that would stop a 22.

bshee

New in Town
Andy,

I think so! About 14 inches in height sounds about right! I wonder how much shipping would set me back. They don't sell those in America anymore?

Brian

andy richards

Practically Family
Hi Brian,
1,00 euro is ONE euro. Hundred euro will be written as: 100,00 or 100.00 or 100,- euro.
The 1,00 euro is a starting bid...I assume you know the ebay...
I noticed this seller only will ship to Germany though, but if you ask him he might ship to the US.
Andy

shortbow

Practically Family
Andy, I can't read German if that is in fact what language is being used in that ad, so can't be sure, but it looks precisely like the pack I have which is the 'big' one, stands about 19" high. I've never actually seen the little one, just remember being told by the guy who sold me mine that I had missed the little one by one day, he was sold out. Said they went like hotcakes. This big one I got was his last of those as well.

This one I have is such a good pack, so well made and tough, that I have always been sure I would dote on its little brother.

In fact, this pack is the best one I've ever had, including the newer Kelty's, Trapper pack boards, leather ones and such. I've probably been through two dozen packs over the years and the Swiss is the only one I still use.

The weener has been sort of a holy grail for me ever since I bought the biggie. In my fast approaching dotage however, it's more of a nostalgia kind of thing than a necessity.lol

andy richards

Practically Family
Thanks for this information.
The language is indeed German, and I just PM the seller if he would ship to the USA. If he answers I will add to this thread.
The measurements of this Rucksack are: 22" x 16"x 8". The 22" hight can be upgraded another 8" according to the sellers' information.
Hope this is of help.
Andy

andy richards

Practically Family
Just got a email from the seller. He stated that shipping to the US would be too expensive... But my guess is if you really want the rucksack and also want to pay for shipping he would ship to the US.
Andy

bshee

New in Town
Whoops miscalculated the height, or got it confused with something else. Either way if it's 22 in in height it is not the smaller pack (the smaller pack is 14" H x 15" W x 9" D).

Here's a picture of the smaller pack:
http://west.loadup.com/military/surplus/1600.html

As you can see, it pretty much looks identical to its larger brother. Thanks a bunch for looking out! If only I knew how to search the european ebays haha.

Brian

andy richards

Practically Family
Indeed this must be the larger rucksack....
If you want to search the European ebay, go as follows:
If you know what you are looking for, like a Swiss army backpack, go to www.ebay.de (that's Germany and lots of Swiss sellers will be here) or www.ebay.ch .Type the words you are looking for in German (use google translator machine or just ask me ;) ) .Everything is about the same as on ebay usa.
Good luck
Andy

bshee

New in Town
Andy,

Thanks a bunch. What is the German and Swiss name for "salt and pepper rucksack"? BTW is that what they call them there? Or is that the American name?

Brian

andy richards

Practically Family
I think the "salt and pepper" is the American name...
Here some options for finding your rucksack:
"Schweizer Armee Rucksack"
"Salz Pfeffer Rucksack"
"Schweizer Armee"
"Segeltuch Armee"
"Armee Rucksack"

Here some direct links:
Most sellers will ship world-wide.

http://cgi.ebay.ch/CH-Armee-Rucksack-Lederrucksack-Brotbeutel-Kochgeschir-/320574978214?pt=NATO_Shop

http://cgi.ebay.ch/CH-Armee-OFF-Rucksack-Lederrucksack-Feldflasche-/310240455514?pt=NATO_Shop

http://cgi.ebay.de/Schweizer-Armee-..._Accessoires_Taschen_Geldbörsen_Herrentaschen

If you search ebay go for www.ebay.de or www.ebay.ch .
Good luck,
Andy

bshee

New in Town
Andy,

You are saying the link you just posted is for 2 bags, one larger one smaller? Does he have dimensions on the smaller one? Also, does he say you can transfer the straps, or are you assuming that?

Thanks,
Brian

bshee

New in Town
Google translates it into this:

Large unkaputbarer cotton / leather backpack with accessories. Strong leather strap. Swiss Army Backpack 1957 (leather brand). Filled approximately 55cm high. Second small backpack without additional straps. Henkelmann and water bottle. Various small linen bag are also included in this auction. The material is undamaged and in proper working order. Easy cleaning supplies necessary.

Andy,

Do you actually speak German? Is that how you communicate w/ the sellers?

Brian

andy richards

Practically Family
bshee said:
Andy,

You are saying the link you just posted is for 2 bags, one larger one smaller? Does he have dimensions on the smaller one? Also, does he say you can transfer the straps, or are you assuming that?

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,
The seller did not give measurement from the smaller rucksack. And, yes I assume that the straps from the larger will fit somehow the smaller rucksack. I think it is a good lot.
Andy

andy richards

Practically Family
bshee said:
Google translates it into this:

Large unkaputbarer cotton / leather backpack with accessories. Strong leather strap. Swiss Army Backpack 1957 (leather brand). Filled approximately 55cm high. Second small backpack without additional straps. Henkelmann and water bottle. Various small linen bag are also included in this auction. The material is undamaged and in proper working order. Easy cleaning supplies necessary.

Andy,

Do you actually speak German? Is that how you communicate w/ the sellers?

Brian

The Google translation machine does work, unfortunately some words are more or less a direct translation. Some articles have certain names in, for example Armies, and sellers often list it with that specific name.
Most sellers will speak/understand English so no problem asking questions in English.
And, yes I do speak German and do communicate with them in German.
Liebe Gruesse ;) ,
Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy