Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to get a custom fedora?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Frequent VS customer Daizawaguy is in Japan, so I presume that means Art ships internationally, though the conformer process internationally may be different.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Hijacking the thread:

In a few days I might find myself in a situation where I'm able to order my first custom hat, depending on my employer. Thus I'd like to know where to acquire a hat as weather resilient as my Akubras, that can also be made in under three months and shipped to Sweden?

Frequent VS customer Daizawaguy is in Japan, so I presume that means Art ships internationally, though the conformer process internationally may be different.

I'm located in Germany. Shipping Art's conformer to and fro was just the same process. Transit times will vary within any location, of course, but if you live in an area with roads and electricity and such, the whole process of conformer shipment, then waiting in the queue for the hat to be made, and the hat shipment might take 3+ months taken together, or less than 3 months if you're lucky.
That means about 4-6 weeks conformer to and fro, 4-6 weeks in the queue, 2-3 weeks transit for the finished hat. That would be my conservative guess.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I would have found it helpful to have a second set of hands to work the conformer. Don't get it TOO tight.

Just my $0.02

Jockos

New in Town
I'm located in Germany. Shipping Art's conformer to and fro was just the same process. Transit times will vary within any location, of course, but if you live in an area with roads and electricity and such, the whole process of conformer shipment, then waiting in the queue for the hat to be made, and the hat shipment might take 3+ months taken together, or less than 3 months if you're lucky.
That means about 4-6 weeks conformer to and fro, 4-6 weeks in the queue, 2-3 weeks transit for the finished hat. That would be my conservative guess.
Thank you, this gives me a rough idea of what to expect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart