Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which hat for a Noir Movie ?

Camille DeLarge

New in Town
Well, my filming starts in three weeks, after several searches (having listened to your advice), I found two hats.
For reminder, here's what I'm looking for :
-A fedora hat.
-A pen crowned hat.
-A 50's style hat.

Here are two that I found :

1\ Adventurer Fedora Hat by Christys' Hats

http://www.advintagefedora.de/shop/...r-Fedora-Hat-by-Christys-Hats-silvergrey.html

christys-adventurer-silvergrey.jpg

It looks nice but I am wary of the price too tempting.

2\ Federation Deluxe IV

http://hatsdirect.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?view=44&returncat=Fedora+Hats&returnpage=0

t34wd-1.jpg

I came across it through a tutorial, it is open crowned and looks good for the price.

So, after long search, I hesitate again (for the last time) between these two hats.
Thanks for your answers

Last edited:

RJR

If filming begins in 3 weeks it would seem that is the limiting factor.Both hats would work nicely but can you have it in hand when needed?

Camille DeLarge

New in Town
If filming begins in 3 weeks it would seem that is the limiting factor.Both hats would work nicely but can you have it in hand when needed?

Yeah I understand, normally, for a movie, we buy a cheap and cool hat, juste for filming. But after, I want to keep the hat ^^

Camille DeLarge

New in Town
Okay ! So I'll buy the Federation Deluxe IV, but now, a final question : the colour.
Here, it is not relative to a time, but just by style, color that blends with most other colors.
We have:
-Moonstone
S5030530.jpg

-Heritage Fawn
img_6336.jpg

-Dark Brown
485684424_m7Ppi-S-1.jpg

You who used to wear hats, what is the best color for you to go with a black or gray suit ?

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd go Moonstone if you want to stick to Heritage felt, but the Carbon Grey colour is lovely too. Providing you're careful with ties/shirt you could probably wear any of them with a grey suit.

Camille DeLarge

New in Town
We have a really difference beetween the Federation IV an the Federation Deluxe IV ?

With the Federation IV, i have the carbone grey, but not with the Deluxe.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have a Fed III in Heritage. The felt is nicer than my Fed IV Imperials, but not by much. I wanted Tawny Fawn and Carbon Gray, which are available in Imperial grade only. It wasn't much of a sacrifice for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24