Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which TV personality needs a hat?

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Ok...I was watching Mythbusters, and really enjoy the fact both hosts wear hats. I also watch Anthony Bourdain (No Reservations) and Andrew Zimmern (Bizarre Foods) on the Travel Channel...and both of these guys could definitely use some sporty lids. Andrew is bald, and often wears some $1.50 bucket hat on his travels...He'd look great munching scorpions while sporting a work of Art!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
What other TV types should be sporting fedoras?:eusa_clap [huh]

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Characters -

Denny Crane on "Boston Legal"
Satan on "Reaper"
Doctor Cox on "Scrubs"

Most personalities I can think of are in a studio setting, innapropriate for hat wearing. The characters mentioned above have the rare view outside and could incorporate a lid nicely, I think.

I will say this; the two talking heads I can think of that would physically look snazzin' in a fedora would be two guys that despise each other...

Keith Olbermann and Bill O'Reilly.

Of course, Steven Colbert could manage one with no effort as well.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Spatterdash said:
Characters -
I will say this; the two talking heads I can think of that would physically look snazzin' in a fedora would be two guys that despise each other...

Keith Olbermann and Bill O'Reilly.

Of course, Steven Colbert could manage one with no effort as well.

As far as newsmen go, what about Anderson Cooper? I think he always looks stunning, and a hat would just make him look even better...

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
A couple of TV characters (not personalities) that I've seen wearing fedoras are on a couple of different Law and Order shows. Both were Assistant District Attorneys, Jack McCoy and Ron Carver. I think that Adam Schiff (early DA) wore one as well.

I have wondered if the fact that Jack McCoy wears a fedora is due to Sam Watterson wearing one. (I don't know if he does.) He has brought to the character other things from his own life, such as being a motorcyclist who rides a BMW airhead.

As for TV personalities, I think I go along with the idea that most people should wear a hat! I don't watch enough TV to say who would look good in one, though.

Cheers,
Tom

DrQuest

Familiar Face
Colby Jack said:
Ok...I was watching Mythbusters, and really enjoy the fact both hosts wear hats. I also watch Anthony Bourdain (No Reservations) and Andrew Zimmern (Bizarre Foods) on the Travel Channel...and both of these guys could definitely use some sporty lids. Andrew is bald, and often wears some $1.50 bucket hat on his travels...He'd look great munching scorpions while sporting a work of Art!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
What other TV types should be sporting fedoras?:eusa_clap [huh]

I havent' seen Mythbuster in a couple of months. Does Adam still wear his fedora?

If I saw Jamie without his beret, I wouldn't recognize him. I think he has that thing surgically attached to his head.

Stoney

Practically Family
JerseyJones said:
I think Monk would look good in a very neat tan stingy. It could be yet another compulsion for him to deal with.

What a fantastic idea. He could have one compulsion that forces him to wear that hat and another that fears the germs in the felt. lol

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
JerseyJones said:
I think Monk would look good in a very neat tan stingy. It could be yet another compulsion for him to deal with.
That would be a great idea...definitely something to fiddle with and obsess over...:D

and Josh's hat was pretty cool!....

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
DrQuest said:
I havent' seen Mythbuster in a couple of months. Does Adam still wear his fedora?

If I saw Jamie without his beret, I wouldn't recognize him. I think he has that thing surgically attached to his head.
Yes Jamie still has the beret...and the Mythbusters on the other night was an old one...He still had what looked like an Akubra Drover to me....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot