Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who should be allowed to vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Dixon Cannon said:
LizzieMaine, I'm afraid we are already there.

I'm going to answer your question! YES! There is a solution and there has been since 1971! It's called the LIBERTARIAN PARTY! If all voters who hold your sentiments would just vote for Libertarian candidates, or write in Libertarians in EVERY election, we would soon see a shift. Some Libertarians would be elected, but most DemoPublicans would see that to get votes they must change their rhetoric, their platform and their posture.

Continually voting for Republicrats has brought us to the place that you speak of. Continually voting for "party hacks" ... "we'll end up even more polarized and with a less-responsive, responsible government than we even have now."

Combined with taking responsibility and control of ones "Tax" status, voting LIBERTARIAN in EVERY election is the SOLUTION that we're looking for. Most people though want to continue grousing about the problems and quibbling over theoretical issues rather than actively participating in that solution. I am the provocateur that challenges people to just do it.... and let's get on with the American Revolution!

Sincerely and most respectfully,
-Dixon Cannon
Neo-Jeffersonian Constitutional Fundamentalist

How does this fit in the subject of who should vote? I think that is a different topic.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MK said:
How does this fit in the subject of who should vote? I think that is a different topic.

Originally Posted by ArrowCollarMan
Barely anyone votes as it is. I wish they would have something where if under 50% of the population voted they'd have to do the elections over again.

Who cares if someone is "ignorant" in the voting polls? Nothing we can do about stupidity and ignorance.

This was the post about which LizzieMaine replied "So what's the solution? *Are* there honest people in politics that these disillusioned voters could support? Or should we just keep on overlooking the corruption and the cynicism and vote on the basis of "our party hacks are better than your party hacks?"

*Is* there a solution?"
to which I responded with a solution to the problem arising from the question "who should be allowed to vote".

-dixon cannon

deanglen

Dixon Cannon said:
Most eligible voters are voting!.... they actually vote NONE OF THE ABOVE! "I wish they would have something where" if voters vote NONE OF THE ABOVE that office of proposition would be dropped and we would proceed without it. When most of the offices are vacant and the bonds and propositions are ignored, eligible voters might again gain some interest in their government and it's functions...and their role as active, concerned citizens!

-dixon cannon

Once again, I find myself agreeing with you, Dixon, I'm still a Republican but the vigor of your positions is refreshing! Good Show!

dean

Dixon Cannon

Ok!...Yea me!

deanglen said:
Once again, I find myself agreeing with you, Dixon, I'm still a Republican but the vigor of your positions is refreshing! Good Show! -dean

That makes two of us so far; see the mood of the nation is changing already!! lol

Twitch

Perhaps an overlooked fact that may be chilling to some- When you register to vote no one asks for proof of citizenship. Wonder if non-citizens have ever voted? Oh well[huh]

Dixon Cannon

Twitch said:
Perhaps an overlooked fact that may be chilling to some- When you register to vote no one asks for proof of citizenship. Wonder if non-citizens have ever voted? Oh well[huh]

I believe it is epidemic in porportions! This is becoming a major issue, especially here in the American Southwest (Aztlan!!!??) :rage:

-dixon cannon

Sunny

One Too Many
Twitch said:
I registered by mail in my home county. Is a social security number not proof of citizenship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner