Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WHOA! Awesome makeup, check her out!

Adele

One of the Regulars
You truly don't look like you belong in our time period. It may sound rude, but I do not meant it as such - it is definitely a compliment.

I wish I didn't look like I belonged in this time period too! :)

Naama

Practically Family
Hello!
^^ And thank you for the bolles girl pictures! Was a great makeup inspiration! And everybody loved it ;) (Sorry for stealing your idea :p )

Naama

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Hello Johanna, welcome to the forum. I love all of your photos, you really have such a pretty versatile face and such a great imagination.

Your Barbie dolls are fabulous, I am so pleased that we have another doll collector with us.:)

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
Glad to see you here!

I added you on myspace because of our common interest in period dressing, makeup artistry, ball joint dolls and Marie Antoinette. I'm on there as boneorchard.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to The Lounge Johanna!! Wow! I'm so impressed with your abilities. You have such a lovely way about you, and the ability to get into character so well!!
I hope you're not getting bombarded with too many questions! But just a warning, I might have a few:D

Welcome to The Lounge:)

leaette

A-List Customer
Johanna, I'm fair skinned too and I love your makeup/complexion.
What brand makeup do you use? I'm always in search of the perfect face makeup.
What cleanser do you use?

ps: that umbrella picture is the best. and yes, you should be on the phone with a modeling agency!

Johanna

One of the Regulars
Thank you! I don't use any face makeup except for a little bit of powder around my nose. I use MAC studio fix powder in NW15 because it's the only powder I've found so far that's pale enough.

And I must admit I know absolutely nothing about skincare. Up until last year I just used whatever soap was around to clean my face, but I got some kind of facial cleanser for Christmas so now I use that. I think it's called Oliva or something, by CSS. My skin looked just the same with regular soap though. Skin care products confuse me, there are so many! I have no idea what's good for me so I just end up getting nothing. I only use things I get as gifts :eek:

leaette

A-List Customer
johanna, i can say that i'm jealous. i wish i could get away with not wearing makeup. but, when i was your age, i didn't wear foundation either. but now that i'm in my early 30s, i have to. and i have a new baby at home so i don't get much sleep, so my eyes are always dark.
i'll have to check that MAC makeup out. i don't have any MAC makeup. And i get really pale in the winter so i need a pale color.

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Oooh yes thanks for the tip about the pale makeup. My skin was bleached at birth so I've always been quite unnaturally pale (especially considering my dad's family has Aboriginal in them!) though I feel quite tanned compared to you! I've got too many freckles from being sunburnt (makes me wish I'd taken better care as a teen to wear sunscreen and protect my pale skin). But it's always so difficult to find a pale enough foundation and powder, as I really love my paleness and hate using make-up that makes it darker!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
leaette said:
johanna, i can say that i'm jealous. i wish i could get away with not wearing makeup. but, when i was your age, i didn't wear foundation either. but now that i'm in my early 30s, i have to. and i have a new baby at home so i don't get much sleep, so my eyes are always dark.
i'll have to check that MAC makeup out. i don't have any MAC makeup. And i get really pale in the winter so i need a pale color.

I am pale and because my skin is so translucent (i.e. see through!) I have big issues with dark circles under my eyes if I don't get enough sleep. I've found the only under eye concealer that works on me is Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat. It's pretty expensive, and because of this I've tried lots of others, but nothing is as good. Even Mac undereye concealer doesn't work as well, which surprises me, as I always assume everything they do is the best. It's very, very light and liquidy, whereas a lot of stuff seems too thick for my thin skin.

Blondie

Practically Family
Hey Johanna, do you have any pic's of your hair not set ? So i can see the length .......i think your hair always looks AMAZING , and would like to get a similar cut,
Thanks !!!!!!!!!

Johanna

One of the Regulars
Thank you! I have this photo that I took right after I cut my hair short last summer.

894042269_b244fe2a83.jpg

It's about the same length as in my icon for example. My hair is a little bit past shoulder length though at the moment, but I'm going to cut it again soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo