Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

why do you do live the way you do.?

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
I never thought about it until now.
I guesse I just live the way I do, because it's the only way I know.

Having said that, I do not think that anybody I my familily or friends and collegues think I am so very much different to them - given the few odd ends such as reading about Battle of Britain, aeroplanes and the men who flew them. Going to airshows etc. But thats just a hobby - right?
I do not wear a fedora, I do not dress vintage - besides a few cravats.
(Does that mean I am excluded from the Lounge now?:D )

lol i realized i'm the same way...am i out too? :D

donCarlos

Practically Family
Why? Because I love to be different. Why? Because I am! As everybody writes here - because I´m friggin awesome. I´m always overtopping other people.

MagistrateChris

One of the Regulars
If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad, right?

And, to join the confession..bless me TFL, for I have sinned. I do not dress vintage, but rather use vintage style to dress well. And my fedora spends more time on the shelf than on my head.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
I like me!! The older I get the better I feel about myself. I've always been different from my family and friends and realized long ago that I'm pretty cool. I was hanging out in Portland a few months ago with some people and I'm wearing a fedora, jacket, french cuffs, and two tone shoes. they of course are all in jeans. I did not feel out of place or overdressed I felt like the only sane person in the room. Sometime during the night one of the other guys asked me about my clothes, he was just curious. My longtime friend who gets me just sort of shrugged and said "That's who he is" the other guy replied "smooth", one of the ladies asked if she could try on my hat (why do they always do that?) and we all had a great night. My wife once said I remind her of the Pinky and the Brain cartoon, every day I get up and try to take over the world.lol lol lol

Brinybay

Practically Family
MagistrateChris said:
And, to join the confession..bless me TFL, for I have sinned. I do not dress vintage, but rather use vintage style to dress well. And my fedora spends more time on the shelf than on my head.

Yeah, what he said. I only have one fedora and to be honest, I don't think it's the right style for me, so it sits on the shelf more than my head. I'm still looking though.

I love vintage style, and like Magistrate I use it to dress well, that is on those rare opportunities I have to dress up. But I don't collect antique clothes. Clothes are for wearing everyday, not just hanging in the closet.

One vintage fashion I've adopted since finding the FL is the "wet look" hair style. I used it for the first time only for the purposes of going to a Roaring 20s theme party, but discovered it actually looks well and is much more practical than glueing down my hair with hairspray for the "dry look". No more bad hair when the wind is blowing or if I have to remove a pull-over shirt, I can just comb it back in place. Thank God for Groom & Clean!

rikrdo

A-List Customer
SamMarlowPI said:
of course, doll...no harm done :)
i do have a sense of humor :)
:cool:

Now I can relax..........was hoping my comment didnt gitcha all riled up !!
Sometimes its hard to add humor in the virtual world without crossing the line.

Maguire

Practically Family
isn't this like.. thread number 450000 on this particular subject? In any case simply because this appeals to me, its still recent enough for the older folks to remember and still has some of the old ways which i feel connected to wholeheartedly.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
rikrdo said:
:cool:

Now I can relax..........was hoping my comment didnt gitcha all riled up !!
Sometimes its hard to add humor in the virtual world without crossing the line.

lol no worries...i could tell y'all were being funny...i would definitely let you know if i got riled up...and i don't get riled very often...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112