Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why does Indiana Jones wear a leather jacket in the dessert?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Puts Coke right out too. Coca Cola, proud sponsors of the Hitler Youth handbook, circa 1934. Time put him on the cover, too.... Man of the Year, wasn't it? Interesting deciding where to draw the line. I suspect manh of us have, albeit indirdctly, benefitted from Mengeles' vile experiments.

I can't imagine Selleck being half the icon. (Even if Harrison Ford loses cool points for agreeing to mord Star Wars rubbish). I'd love to have seen Christopher Walken's Han Solo, though.

That's true. A pity, but understandable.

Yeah, I'm a Pepsi boy.

Stand By

One Too Many
Sean Young would have been an improvement. But after Bladerunner, maybe Spielberg didn't want to cast her opposite Ford again?

Oh, I'd have to disagree with you there. Karen Allen …. oh my. Utterly charming and gorgeous. She nailed the role.
And after Bladerunner, I don't think any director in Hollywood wanted to work with Sean Young again. She was the Megan Fox of the day ...

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
it is very hard to imagine young Christoper Walken as a good guy.
original.jpg 4b4f95da8809049b66f822bb5c5ed762.jpg
more confincing as Hitler's or Vader's man really

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Lets face it, if Tom was cast as Indy, we wouldn't have known about Ford, so Tom would be the man! It's a Zen thing, do you get it? :D [video=youtube;vUXCXCKbXb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUXCXCKbXb8[/video]

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Puts Coke right out too. Coca Cola, proud sponsors of the Hitler Youth handbook, circa 1934. Time put him on the cover, too.... Man of the Year, wasn't it? Interesting deciding where to draw the line. I suspect manh of us have, albeit indirdctly, benefitted from Mengeles' vile experiments.

Don't forget Dr. Strughold, who helped designee the space suits for our American Astronauts. As a NAZI, he tested Jewish children literally to their deaths to determine how the human body would react to space!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
When do we forgive the living for the sins of their ancestors? 50, 70, 100, 200, 500, maybe 1000 years if that rings a bell!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Lets face it, if Tom was cast as Indy, we wouldn't have known about Ford, so Tom would be the man! It's a Zen thing, do you get it? :D [video=youtube;vUXCXCKbXb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUXCXCKbXb8[/video]

and probably this place would be full with pictures of wonderful mustache, where members compliment each other and sharing tips how to brush it to bring out more of its character, the perfect length of it, the patina it gets from coffee stain and tomato ketchup, rather than jackets, or somekind of hat :D

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The real point is we must never forget the lessons of history. How we manage this knowledge is important. The consequences of the things we are talking about are still part of our world.

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
another history fact we have studied about how devastating atomic bomb could be and how horrible the long lasting effect to the ecosystem, and they are indeed still part of our world.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Getting back to the movies, I thought the last one was terrible. Indy needs the Nazi's as occult abusing protagonists. Blanchett was hot, but Russians don't cut it as Indy bad guys.

green papaya

One Too Many
a leather jacket would make a nice rugged jacket for those cold nights in the desert, something to protect you from the wind & sand storms , scorpians, snakes, etc.

I dont know why he would wear one in the middle of the day in the scorching sun though?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
a leather jacket would make a nice rugged jacket for those cold nights in the desert, something to protect you from the wind & sand storms , scorpians, snakes, etc.

I dont know why he would wear one in the middle of the day in the scorching sun though?

Exactly.
In fact, he wears a leather jacket in the jungle in 3 of the films, and it never goes moldy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy