Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why I won't be buying a Lucky Brand Jacket

Duke of Buckingham

New in Town
Is the example in the link historically accurate, or are the chest pockets too low?

Something about it looks odd, but it might be just my lack of vintage workwear (OK, clothing) throwing me off.

majormajor

One Too Many
Is the example in the link historically accurate, or are the chest pockets too low?

Something about it looks odd, but it might be just my lack of vintage workwear (OK, clothing) throwing me off.

Prior to WW2, pretty much all Cowboy jackets had pockets at that level, or even lower. The 1946 Lee 101J was the first mainstream jacket to have high level pockets. Levi didn't catch up until 1962.;)

ExiledNudeman

New in Town
Why I won't be buying a Lucky Brand Jacket either

So I accompanied the missus and our 2-year-old daughter this past weekend to one of those sprawling, over-crowded outlet malls where we were surrounded by people with bad footwear. We stocked up on toddler clothes, but the Lucky Brand store piqued my interest and I wandered in. (I never buy new jeans--pretty much just the old 646 and 684 Levi's--and the majority of my shirts are 60s/70s thrift store finds.) A white denim trucker jacket caught my eye on the clearance rack, and it fit me well. I was about to pull the trigger on it, when one of the two nondescript middle-aged women who were working there decided to start squeezing me with the hard-sell tactics.

I was wearing an old pair of Levi's bells with my Acme-toe cowboy boots, and she said, "The jacket looks great on you. All that's missing is a pair of Lucky Brand jeans to *really* make the outfit pop." I suddenly felt foolish for buying a Chinese sweat-shop jacket from a company that pretty much lifted all of its styling cues from the very brand I was wearing.

"You changing your mind," she said to me as I returned the jacket to the rack. I told her that I didn't really need it.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I had the same experience there with a friend. Having worked retail, the pressure on those poor ladies to add-on is enormous. It's really too bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart