Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why I won't be buying a Lucky Brand Jacket

majormajor

One Too Many
Just been looking at a Lucky Brand denim jacket.

However, even though this US company will ship to the likes of Samoa, Australia, Singapore, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates, they WON'T ship to the UK.

I thought the War Of Independence of 1782 had been laid to rest now. Obviously, I was wrong.:eeek::eusa_doh:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Just bizarre. I wonder if it's to do with their 'free shipping everywhere (except that place off Western Europe, cos we hate them and we'd rather cut our collective nose off and spite our faces than sell jeans there)' policy?

schitzo

Suspended
That's a nice price but what sort of size guide is that!?

Still, if you want one then where there is a will there is a way..

majormajor

One Too Many
That's a nice price but what sort of size guide is that!?

Still, if you want one then where there is a will there is a way..

Yup.

"Hey guys. Let's sell Men's Jackets, but just for the hell of it, let's not tell 'em the sizing"

"Well, you know what they say at this company - if it fits, you're LUCKY!!!".....:confused::confused:

I'll get it for you and send it if you want...lemme know.I like Lucky clothing. I have a few pairs of their Green Selvedge jeans, and they're pretty nice. Also some of their khaki colored pants.

majormajor

One Too Many
I'll get it for you and send it if you want...lemme know.I like Lucky clothing. I have a few pairs of their Green Selvedge jeans, and they're pretty nice. Also some of their khaki colored pants.

Hi Butte. Thanks for the kind offer. I appreciate that.

The stuff sure looks nice. Need to find out more about sizing.:D

crimsonofsam

One of the Regulars
Wow! They don't ship to Europe period! There has to be more than meets the eye here. What company in their right mind would exclude Europe from their sales base?!

Edward

Bartender
I'vw seen this sort of thing before. Typically it is because the company in question has a UK/EU distributor, and so will not deal directly with anyone in a territory covered by that deal. Of course, this typically means the local distributor wants double the price they are direct.... (and, in the case of guitars, refuses to import left handers....).

majormajor

One Too Many
I'vw seen this sort of thing before. Typically it is because the company in question has a UK/EU distributor, and so will not deal directly with anyone in a territory covered by that deal. Of course, this typically means the local distributor wants double the price they are direct.... (and, in the case of guitars, refuses to import left handers....).

A search of the net shows a few pairs of jeans and the odd sweater/t-shirt available in the UK from a mail order company (that also ships to the US, so that doesn't really figure), and some Lucky Brand Women's shoes in House Of Fraser.

The brand is part of Fifth & Pacific Inc., who also own two other brands, Juicy Couture and Kate Spade, both of which sell women's fashion goods. Juicy Couture ship to the UK (and pretty much everywhere else). Kate Spade only ships to continental US addresses.

So three subsidiaries. Three different shipping policies. Just sounds like someone at Fifth & Pacific needs a refresher course at Business School:eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I got an email from them after I went as far as I could through the purchase cycle. They said that they don't ship to the UK, but helpfully added that they do ship to Switzerland...:confused:

majormajor

One Too Many
I got an email from them after I went as far as I could through the purchase cycle. They said that they don't ship to the UK, but helpfully added that they do ship to Switzerland...:confused:

Ah, so all one needs to do is get them to ship the stuff to one's villa on Lake Lucerne? Silly me - should've known:eeek:

We can have some of that Swiss Quolfrish beer while we are there, Craig!:D

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Quite often these kind of issues are due to companies buying distribution rights from the retailer in different areas and countries. I seem to recall Filson was the same a couple of years ago when I went to buy something and I know Barbour retailers can't sell certain lines to customers in the US. Its a funny business.

Have a couple of Lucky Brand shirts and they are quite generously sized I would say, large fits more like an XL.

Quite often these kind of issues are due to companies buying distribution rights from the retailer in different areas and countries. I seem to recall Filson was the same a couple of years ago when I went to buy something and I know Barbour retailers can't sell certain lines to customers in the US. Its a funny business.Have a couple of Lucky Brand shirts and they are quite generously sized I would say, large fits more like an XL.
Funny you say that. I talked to my wife last night, and she reminded me that she had to return every single shirt she bought me from Lucky as they were too small. Now, that was before I lost weight and over two years ago. With pants, they're good. We complained to them multiple times about not having "big" stuff. They agreed and said a lot of people complained about that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen