Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Widebrim's Ties: 3rd Batch for 2013

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, time to pay off some of the veterinarian bills, so here are some more from the collection...As always, ties are in at least very good condition (unless otherwise noted), and shipping is not included in prices. Because of some difficulties with PayPal, I prefer U.S. buyers to send checks; residents of other countries may use PayPal. Thank you.

On the right is a very Deco-ish example from Continental (Imported) from Pelletier's, Topeka (Exclusive Styles). Features a rectangle brocade, repeated in yellow and (in a thicker version) gray and black, with a background of black, gray, and cream diagonals. 48" long, 3" wide, possibly an early example of an acetate tie. ($6) Next is a great Van Heusen with a "half moon" motif, set in an orange background. 52" long, 31/2" wide, likely acetate. ($6)

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
A couple of more for your consideration:

On the left is a pheasant-themed Wembley, with a light brown/cream background, and a brocade of fluttering aves...54" long by 4" wide, some pinholes on the back of the front blade only, feels like rayon. ($6)

On the right is a hand-painted, flamingo/tropical-themed tie from Pilgrim, acetate, with a chocolate-brown background. 52" long, 4" wide, couple of small holes on the back/side of front blade. ($6)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Three more from the collection:

On the left is a beautiful flower design, with a greenish-yellow background, labeled "Individually Hand Painted," originally sold by Ewarts (Pomona-Laguna-Ontario). Measures 54" long by 41/2" wide, lined, feels like acetate. ($8)

Next is what appears to be a mandolin-themed tie, labeled "Hand Painted in Calif." Lined, feels like acetate, measures 53" long, 4" wide. ($6).

Last is a very unique, yellow background tie designed for (I'm fairly certain) the Khiva Shriners of Amarillo, TX, which today sponsors 22 hospitals. It is marked "Rhynecliffe Hand Made With the Dots," measures 50" long by 4" wide; lined, nylon/acetate. ($8)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, the last three for this batch:

On the left is a very colorful "Pheasants" tie from Hollyvogue, Made in California, with a grayish background. Measures 50" long, 41/2" wide, feels like rayon. ($8)

In the middle is a quarterhorse-themed Countess Mara tie, with a deep maroon background. Originally came from Stix, Baer, and Fuller Men's Store, measures 53" by 31/4, feels like silk. ($8)

Last is a bright yellow and deep reddish-organge Bold Look tie which is part of the "Yellowstone Prints" series offered by Wilson Bros. in the '40s. Measures 48" long by 41/2" wide, made of "Raxon." ($7)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21